Chapter 12 : Setting him free

Waking up, Anna could feel  throbbing pain from her body, especially on her back that was already wrapped with bandages. She wore a white gown that fully covered her from knee to her neck. Her forehead was also wrapped with white clothes along side her arms. Bruises covers half of her cheek with cuts on her eye brow and lips.

She remembered when she woke up, her parents overwhelmed with joy. Feeling so grateful that Anna was alive, they kissed her all over her face and hugs her to their chest. Doctor and nurses walks in and out of her room. It was small with a television placed in front of her bed and there was a washroom near the entrance door. The room has light green walls covered with floral designs that compliments the same floral drape of the window.

At that time, Anna was feeling tired and almost unable to recall what had happened. When the memory slowly fills her thought, tears pool in the corner of her eyes and she won't stop crying. How can somebody be that bad? How can anyone treat a person like the bad men had treated her? It was awful and the thought of Mr. Darbins coming back to get her makes her sunk back on her bed and pulls her cover near her nose.

A few moments later, a few policemen came with her parents and Anna felt at peace when Brahms parents, Mr. and Mrs. Hillshire came behind them. Sadness paint their face but they still put on a smile though looking so sad. The policemen start to question her about what had happen.

"Anna do you remember correctly what had happened?" The man with the mustache asks.

"A little bit, sir." She answered.

"Good girl. Can you tell me slowly what happen? What did Dar_, I mean that bad man did?"

Anna nodded. "I was playing in the park while waiting for Brahmsy. It was his birthday after all and I wanted to celebrate it with him. B..but I forgot that I forgot to tell Brahmsy to bring me so I wanted to go to his house when Mr. Darbins came and got me."

Anna's mother was caressing her back and when Anna turn to her parents, they nod to her, insinuating that it was okay to continue.

"Mr....Mr. Darbins told me he has something to show me at his house, something special but when I told him I don't' want to follow him to the woods, he told me that Brahmsy was with him. So, I followed him. I thought that it will be fine if Brahmsy will be with me but he lied. Brahmsy wasn't there. When we came to his house, he started to push me down and got on top of me.

Anna hear her mother cries next to her with her mouth muffled in her hands when tears start to falls down. Her father looks heartbroken and clutch Anna closer to his chest and Mrs. Hillshire also cries on Mr. George's shoulder.

"Please officer, don't do this to her. She had enough. I don't want her to go through that horrid event again."

"I know ma'am, but it's important we have enough information to write the report. I promise it won't be long."

Anna sees her mother crying next to her and she rub her arms.

"Momma, I'll be fine. I promise. I don't mind telling mister policeman what happen."

Her mother nodded in tears and put a weak smile to ease Anna.

"I tried to fight him, officer. I did and when I kicked him and almost run to the front door, he pulls my hair and start slapping me. He was very angry and start tying me on a chair. Then, he tore my clothes from the back and start hitting me. I think that's when Brahmsy came. When he saved me."

Anna start telling her everything that happen after that, from the fire and the fight which eventually causes her to pass out. Once the police officer done writing her statement, they left. Mr. and Mrs. Hillshire came forward and hugs her, both kisses her cheeks.