Chapter 3 : Fire

After one year...

As soft wind blew his hair while he was reading, Anna ran to him across the park with a box, wrapped in present paper and a blue bow on top of it. It was just any fine day at the playground near the Hilllshire Mansion and like always, Brahms was reading a book under a bushy tree. It was rather windy and cold so he had his thick coats and wool gloves on. He was alone and somehow happy. It is his birthday today.

The mansion was busy with his mother decorating the house to her liking so Brahms has no choice but escape the ruckus in the house. Meanwhile, where Anna was, he didn't' have a clue but she did say something about taking care of granny and some sorts.

Brahms grinned as he reminisces the time when he and Anna had multiples of sleepover at her house and even though hers wasn't as big as his mansion, it felt so cozy when the two of them slept in front of the firehouse at her living room while granny took care of them and even tell them bedtime horror stories.

Anna don't like that very much. It scares her but Brahms was ecstatic instead. It would make Anna grip his arms closer and tighter. At that moment, he felt like a hero, her protector and he has never been so proud in his life. Why wouldn't he? Anna was the girl of his life.

When she would shiver in the cold night, he would hug her tighter and draped a thick sheet over them and whisper, "Don't worry Anna, I'll protect you." Anna would look into his eyes and her blue eyes would glitter as she smiles and whisper, "Okay."

In the present time, as he was reading his book, he heard loud footsteps heading towards him and he realize that Anna was running to him. He was surprised and quickly put away his books after marked the last page he read.

She stops in front of him, putting her hands on the tree trunk while breathing hard and says, "T..there Y..ou are!" She slumped her butt next to him and sat on the cool grass. She push the present she was holding and gave it to him. "Here, for you!" She says.

"What's this?" He frowned.

"Your birthday present, silly. It's your birthday isn't it?" She giggled. "I hope you like it."

He grinned, "Thanks, Anna but erm, my birthday is tomorrow, remember?" Anna smile dropped and she lean towards him. "Really? I thought it was today? Isn't your mother preparing the party today?"

"She is but it is for tomorrow." He laughed and Anna pouted her lips as she lands a slap on his arms.

"Ow! Why do you that for?" Brahms moan in pain. Then he realized that her eyes were pooling with tears but she looked rather angry.

"I didn't know! I thought it was today! I hate it when you laugh!" She leaned back on the tree and fight hard not to cry and the sight in front of him. He can't help but smile seeing her cute pouty face so he tries not to, and talks to her.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you angry. Will you forgive me?" Anna snorted and looked away. Brahms on the other hand has another idea up his sleeve. He opens the box with the gift and make a surprise motion.

 He opens the box with the gift and make a surprise motion