Chapter 10: Regrets

Start from the beginning

Anna was limping towards him and seeing as her strength was depleting, she fell on the man who caught her just in time.

"Oh, there, there. I got you. Let me bring you to the living room okay? You can rest on the couch."

The handsome stranger lift her off the floor in a bridal style and slowly bring her to one of the couch in the living room. He gently lay her on the couch and as she tries to sit up, the pain on her leg causes her to wince.

"Slowly, sweetheart. Don't want to see you get hurt. Are you feeling any pain right now? God your forehead is bleeding."

He says while slowly caressing her the side of her wounded forehead.

"It's just my leg. It really hurts. I think it maybe swollen."

HE nodded and move his attention to her leg.

"I hope you don't mind Miss White. I'm only going to see your leg and how bad it is okay? Will you be okay with that?"

Anna nodded. That man slowly holds her calf and examined her leg. He sighed.

"Thank God it's not that bad miss. It does look a little swollen but a small bag of ice can fix it quick. Let me go get some ice and kits with me okay. Don't move an inch. You'll might get hurt again."

He says with a small grinned.

The sound of him rummaging in the kitchen eases Anna's heart knowing that he was close by so her attacker couldn't come to attack her again. She looked around the house for signs of Brahms doll or perhaps Brahms himself. Maybe something else but it doesn't really matter. She was cautious this time.

When the stranger enter the room again, Anna pushed her towel in the middle of her thighs, making sure that any of her private view was closed. He knelt on the floor and start taking out some cotton pad and antibacterial tissue with bunch of plasters placed on the floor. Then, he proceeds to care for her wound on her forehead, small gashes on her body from falling repeatedly as well as having things fell on her at the basement. Luckily, it didn't seem that bad.

Finally, he went back to the kitchen and bring out a small bag which looks like it was indeed filled with ice and gently placed it on her leg. A small gasped released from her mouth and she sighed at the feeling of her swelling starts to numb. The man was nice enough to bring a small wet towel and wipe of the dark stain on her cheeks.

He stops for a moment, just looking into her eyes in a daze. Anna frowned and called out to him.

"S...sir?"

He snapped out of his thoughts and clear his throat.

"Sorry. I was just noticing how beautiful your eyes are. S..sorry, now is a really bad timing to say this. Hmm, I don't see any more wound on your body. Do you still feel any pain anywhere? Should I bring you to a hospital? It's quite far from here actually but I don't mind taking you there if you want too."

Anna jumped from him saying 'hospital' and she quickly shook her head.

"NO! No, no. Y..you don't have to bring me there, sir. I'm f..fine. It's only my leg that hurts. I'm fine. Please don't bring me there."

He frowned at her sudden nervousness and sighed.

"Alright then. If you insist and its Malcolm. Just Malcolm. I'm Mr. and Mrs. Heelshire errand boy. Well more like a man actually and I'm supposed to send one right now. Can you imagine my surprised when I enter and the door wasn't even locked and I noticed some of the things here are broken and all over the place? I really thought someone has come here to rob this place blind, seeing how loaded the Heelshire's are. Please don't call me sir. I don't think I did enough for this country to be called one." He smiled, trying to calm Anna who are still shaky form her ordeal.