What To Do ?

She went to the library and was surprised to see Malfoy sitting at a table, concentrating over a large book, his blond hair falling into his eyes. She was even more surprised to see him look up, put his book and quill down and walk towards her.

"I know I was acting stupid yesterday, but – why are you so happy?" Malfoy said finally noticing her beaming smile. 

"Oh, just… never mind. What were you saying?" 

"I’m sorry." 

She looked at Malfoy; first with shock and then thankfully. She had a slight idea of how hard it was for him to apologize. ‘Slytherin pride’ she chuckled to herself interiorly. He added, with an awkward and twisted expression: 

"I realized that you going out with Davies is probably the best way to work it out." 

"Do you fancy a walk?" Maria asked, not really feeling up to responding properly to his last comment. 

"A walk?" Malfoy said surprised. His eyes were a light, hazy blue.

"Yeah, outside." 

"Didn’t you have a date earlier?" he recalled.

"Well, it’s nothing we haven’t done before." 

He liked the way she had said ‘we’. She was the carefree Maria again, and it made his heart jump. He couldn’t stop smiling as she accompanied him to the dungeons. She waited in the corridor while he got his coat, boots and scarf. She didn’t like the dungeons; their gloom gave her goose bumps and she shuddered, feeling very cold and alone. Suddenly, something covered her eyes from behind. She shrieked, turning around, trying to get that thing off of her, but only managing to tangle herself even more into it: that’s when she realised it was Malfoy’s scarf, and that he was laughing a few feet away.

"That was not funny," she gasped, breathless.

He fell silent and stepped towards her, laying a hand across his chest with mock solemnity.

"I’m sorry," he said; laughter was still fresh in his tone.

"Don’t stress it; just because it worked last time doesn’t mean it always works," she retorted, irritable.

He laughed out loud again, and for some reason, a small involuntary smile stretched her lips. She untangled herself, battling with her long and now matted hair. She ended up handing him the wrong scarf. He took it anyway, draping it loosely over his shoulders. As she noticed it was blue instead of green, she backed up a bit to look him over.

"You look good in blue," she simply stated.

To have been completely honest, she should have said he looked divinely good. But she had some pride too, for a Ravenclaw. 

He took his own scarf out of her hands and wrapped it around her neck, smiling.