Prologue

It was the year 2115. Vampires now took over the people. We lived amongst eachother but vampires were superior to humans in many ways. Our family was poor especially after my grandmother died. She kept my family running. Her name was Cynthia and she was over 500 years old. She protected us from everything. One day a rouge vampire killed her for protecting me all that I have left of her now is a necklace. It was a circular pendant in the center there was a butterfly. This necklace ment the word to me. I don't know what would happen if I ever lost it. Now that my grandma is gone she cant protect or provide for us anymore, we cant afford food, clothes, shoes, nothing. She cant protect me from the games anymore.

Every 5 years theres a competition. The Volturi have 50 girls come whether or not they are sold for money or found on the street. Really it is a brutal competition. You had to pass many virgous tests. They change every five years. The worst part is that the slaughter of nearly 50 girls are on live television. During The Games that's the only thing thats on tv. Only 10 people come out alive. Ten who pass all of the tests and make out with tgeir heart still beating will get the chance to live. If more than ten pass they will kill the weakest performances until there is only ten. For the years I have been Alive I have witnessed only 3 competitions the next one starts in two weeks. Last years winner went to Cauis and the year before Alec.

In the last round whomever appeals to the vampire most wins. The rest get sold off. That's how it works. The Games last around six weeks. When I was seven they lasted two months. I'm 17 now. Most of the girls who compete are 16, 17 or 18 years old, so I'm right up that alley. This year I, Izzy Peirson, will be competing in The Games. I don't think I will make it to the final ten. I don't even think I will make it pass the first round. I hope they just make it quick.