I pretended the dweeb didn't refer to us as Sherlock Holmes and John Watson, especially since I have read a good number of theories as to how the that iconic duo were definitely more than friends. 

I was very glad to have Emma come into the room afterwards. 

Jacob soon met with Miss Peregrine, and was taken into her office. She said it was a private matter, but no one actually listened to that part. Millard and I easily snuck into her room, both invisible, while I knew that Emma probably had her ear to the door. Jacob and Miss Peregrine didn't talk much before The Bird pointed Millard, Emma and I out. 

"Polite persons do not eavesdrop on the conversations of others!" Miss Peregrine said, and Millard and I walked out of the room. 

Emma stayed behind, and kept listening in. I honestly didn't care, and decided to take a break from this madness. I allowed myself to become visible again, and made my way outside. 

"Hey, (Y/N)!" Hugh greeted me. "Want to play a game of football?"

I smiled mischievously. "Oh, you know I do."

* * *

"He's not going to have any warm water," I warned Emma as she led Jacob over to the baths. 

I just finished taking a long deserved bath, because Football is a dirty and rough sport that involves a good amount of sweat. Not to brag, or anything, but I won against Hugh and Fiona. I was now proclaimed Football Queen again, just like it should be. Emma seemed angry at the fact that she was supposed to clean up Jacob, and I would have helped if it wasn't for the fact that I was still half-naked. 

I had a towel wrapped around my body, and my hair was still dripping wet. Jacob was awkwardly holding a hand over his face to avoid looking at me. I guess I could add either creepy or polite to my list of Things Jacob Was. I decided to figure that out later. 

"I'll just warm up the water," Emma said.

"Don't boil him, though," I said. "I actually like him."

"Thanks," Jacob quickly said, and I laughed. 

"I'll see you at dinner, Jacob," I said, and quickly left the room, and headed back to mine.

I didn't know how I could have forgotten to bring clothes with me to change out of, but I did. So in my towel, I quickly scuttled over to my room without getting caught. This was surprisingly hard to do, considering the fact that I left water everywhere. 

"Oh my god," I heard Millard say, right as I opened my door room. "You're naked."

"So are you," I pointed out. I honestly had no dignity left, so I didn't care at this moment. 

He didn't know how to respond to this. I turned my towel black, and made the words CENSORED appear on it. "Better?"

I didn't even wait for a response, as I went inside my room, and closed the door. I covered my room windows, and hummed Sweet Caroline as I got changed. White top, corduroy pants, and a belt. Seemed fine. I combed my hair with my fingers, and tried not to rip it all out. The thing that I missed the most about 1972, was the fact that conditioner existed. That was a thing of beauty.

When I finished changing (it literally only took five minutes at most, with most of it being hair problems) I went downstairs, and got ready for dinner. Which was actually really hard to do. Almost everyone crowded the doorway, so I couldn't get in to grab my seat. They were all crowding around Jacob, asking questions I was pretty sure he didn't have answers to. I understood his pain of not knowing what to say.