Chapter 2: Entrance Exam and Character Information

Character Information:

Names: Brendan Chaldea

Birthday: July 7 (7:00 AM)

Father: Unknown

Mother: Unknown

Personality: Cold, Reserved, Emotionless

Likes: Legends, Books, History, Silence

Dislikes: Attention, Loud Noises, Loud People

Nationality: Japanese

Blood Type: O +

Height: 5' 1"

Quirk: The Throne of Heroes- Allows the user to access the powers and abilities of heroes and anti-heroes whose names and legends are inscribed on the Throne of Heroes. The user can also access their Noble Phantasms, which are based on the hero's legend.

Weaknesses: The user has the same weaknesses of whichever hero they are using. Once a Noble Phantasm is used, it is possible to find out the hero's true identity and use their death as a way to defeat the user. If they are attacked with the hero's weakness or killed the same way as the hero, the user will revert back to their normal form and cannot change for a period of time. Unleashing a Noble Phantasm greatly drains their strength and reveals the hero's weaknesses. The limit of Noble Phantasms that the user can use per day is up to three. Multiple changes at a time drain the user of their strength. Using the powers of anti-heroes runs the risk that the user will lose themselves to the anti-hero's influence.

Brendan walked to the gates of UA. It was the day of the entrance exam for the UA hero course. He continued to walk inside and waited patiently for the test to begin. Izuku and Bakugo soon came inside and sat down to his right. The pro hero, Present Mic appeared and began to explain the instructions for the exam. As he did, Izuku began to mumble about the pro hero and how excited he was to see him in person. Brendan looked back to the hero to pay attention. After a few minutes, a boy with blue hair stood up and asked Present Mic about the fourth robot on the sheet and told Izuku to stop mumbling. Izuku stopped as Present Mic explained the purpose of the fourth robot. Brendan looked to Izuku, who still seemed embarrassed at being called out. Izuku turned and caught Brendan staring before the emotionless boy turned back to face the front. Present Mic finished with his instructions and sent the students off to their sections. As Brendan was preparing to leave, Izuku stopped him. Izuku said, "Uh, I just wanted to wish you good luck, Chaldea." Brendan said, "Very well. The best of luck to you as well, Midoriya." Izuku smiled as they left.

Brendan stared at the city in front of him. He said, "I see. This is the testing area. Inside of this large city, the robots shall be scattered around. It would be best to gain a high vantage point to pinpoint all of the robots. Then I can strike them all down with Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon. With that, I should be able to pass the exam with ease." Just as he finished talking, the gates opened and the exam began. Several of the other students were confused. Meanwhile, Brendan rushed forward and used Astolfo's power.

Once he was finished transforming, he summoned the Hippogriff

Once he was finished transforming, he summoned the Hippogriff. Brendan got on the Hippogriff and used it to fly to the highest building that he could find.

Brendan looked down as he changed into his normal form, "It seems that no one noticed me change or me flying on the Hippogriff

Brendan looked down as he changed into his normal form, "It seems that no one noticed me change or me flying on the Hippogriff. That is good. I worked hard to have my quirk hidden behind government protection. I cannot let anyone see my power. Not yet. It is too dangerous." Brendan looked around the city, "I see many different robots. I guess now is the best time to use Gate of Babylon." Brendan changed into Gilgamesh's form.

Once he was transformed, he used the Gate of Babylon to summon several weapons before he began launching them at the robots

Many students became surprised when they saw the robots being destroyed by projectiles that seemed to come out of no where. Brendan continued to shoot his projectiles. After a few more minutes, he sighed, "That should be more than enough. I only have the power to use one more Noble Phantasm today. But it doesn't seem to be a problem." Suddenly, the ground began to shake and a giant robot appeared. Brendan said, "I see. That must be the zero pointer that was mentioned during the exam explanation. It seems that whoever is caught by it will face grate danger. I suppose I shall have to assist those who are too close. I can use Enkidu, the chains of heaven, as rope to pull them away. I see. Well, it should be fine as long as I do it quickly and destroy the zero pointer." Brendan opened the Gate of Babylon and used Enkidu to grab the people in front of the zero pointer and pulled them out of the way. Once that was done, he fired an enormous amount of weapons at the robot and destroyed it with ease. Brendan sighed as he changed back to Astolfo's form and used the Hippogriff to get down from the building. The exam was announced as over and the students that were injured were treated by Recovery Girl. Brendan sighed, "That was the last Noble Phantasm of the day. I'm already feeling tired. This exam has proven itself to be pointless." Brendan walked out of the city and left UA.

After several weeks, Brendan received a letter from UA. He made his dinner and began to eat as he opened the letter. Out slid a disk. The disk projected a screen with Principal Nezu on it. Nezu said, "Hello Chaldea. It has been a long time. I remember how several pro heroes found you as a baby all those years ago in that mansion of yours. Well, anyway, enough reminiscing. I am here with your exam results. Your quirk is still as powerful as I remember. You ended up scoring so high that we were unable to reach an exact amount. Regardless, combine your villain points with the rescue points that you received due to saving so many lives from the zero point, earned you the first place position in the UA entrance exam. Congratulations. Welcome to UA's hero academia." Brendan watched as the projection turned off. He sighed, "I see. So I passed. I suppose that means that I will be required to attend classes with others. That is fine."