Chapter 35

Third Person POV

Agent Barton led Loki and the rest of the brainwashed agents into the parking garage.
"I need these vehicles." Agent Barton told Agent Hill, who currently has no idea of what just happened.

Loki sits in the trunk with his scepter and watches in satisfaction at his work.
"Who is that?" Agent Hill asks, referring to Loki.
"They didn't tell me." Barton replies as he gets into the drivers seat.

Downstairs Fury is taking a dagger out of his chest as he connects to the radio.
"Hill. Do you copy?" This grabs Loki's attention.
"Barton has turned!" Fury exclaims. A gun was fired at Hill, but thankfully missed due to her tuck and roll.
Agent Hill begins to fire her gun at the cars, but because they are bulletproof the bullets don't penetrate.

"They have the Tesseract! Shut them down!" Fury orders.

Agent Hill hope into a golf cart and begins to drive after the compromised agents. In this time, more cars begin to follow Loki and begin to shoot in attempt to kill him. All of the agents fail miserably, and manage to piss off the God of Mischief in the process.
Loki charges up his scepter and fires it at several cars, causing them to fly back.

In this time Director Fury races out of the compound while Agent Coulson tries to help people escape.
"Leave it! Get to safety!" Coulson commands to an agent trying to lift up a box full of S.H.I.E.L.D electronics.

Agent Hill continues to fire at Agent Barton, Coulson gives Fury a report confirming that everybody is safe, and Fury jumps into a helicopter.

In the nick of time, Agent Hill, Agent Coulson, and Loki's minions manage to get off the compound before it explodes into shreds. As Loki's car escapes the garage, Fury begins to fire at him. In defense, Loki fires his scepter at the helicopter sending it flying down. Fury manages to jump out before he dies.

Loki, Barton, and Dr Selvig get away with the tesseract.

"Director? Director Fury do you copy?" Coulson asks over the walkie talkie.
"The tesseract is with a hostile force. I have men down. Hill?"

Agent Hill answers her walkie talkie as she looks for agents that are still alive.
"A lot of people are still under. I don't know how many survivors."

"Sound a general call. I want every living soul not working rescue looking for that briefcase." Fury commands.

Hill sighs.
"Roger that."

"Coulson get back to base. This is a level seven. As of right know, we are at war."

~~~~~~~~

Director Fury stands in front of the council members. Of course they aren't directly in front of him, they are...video chatting...but in a formal way.

"You're out of line, Director. You're dealing with forces you cannot control." One of the councilman warned. Director Fury could barely see any of their faces, they all had a shade on their face that gave off a creepy vibe.
"You ever been in a war, councilman? In a firefight? Did you feel an over abundance of control?" Director Fury shot back. The councilman didn't reply, instead another one spoke up.
"You're saying this...Asgard is declaring a war on us?" The man spoke with a hint of fear laced into his voice.
"Not Asgard. Loki." Fury spoke.

"He can't be working alone, what about the other two? His brother and sister?"
Councilwoman Hawley asked.

"Our intelligence says that Thor is not a hostile. And I have had the pleasure of meeting Eerika, she is safe too. You can trust on that. I'll send his sister a message, although I don't know if it will reach her. She is worlds away." Although he didn't know Eerika that long, Fury trusts her for some odd reason. She reminds him of a girl he once met back in the 80's...