Chapter 25

~five days later~
Eerika

"Says she wanna dance cuz she likes the groove, so come on fatso and just bust a move." I sang as I mixed the solution together. Steve is teaching me how to make a desert called cookies. We already ate dinner but we were hungry for more.
"Oh
Oh
Oh
Oh
Yeah
Oh
Oh
Oh
Yeah"
Steve sang in a high pitched voice so he could match the singers voice.
"Just bust a move."
I pointed at Steve and he began to dance along to the music in a silly way. It made me chuckle—he looks so stupid. I brought the batter covered spoon to my lips as a pretend microphone and sang:
"You're on a mission and your wishin' someone could clear your lonely condition."
Steve took the spoon from me and began to sing:
"You're looking for love in all the wrong places. No fine girls just ugly faces. From frustration first inclination is to become a monk and leave the situation."
I grab the spoon back to mix flour into the solution. A big smile is still placed on my face from all the humour coming from moment Steve and I shared.
"Awe, come on Erika! You take away the fun when you take away the spoon."
Because of my strength, it didn't take very long to mix the thick solution into form.
"You're the one that wanted to make this! And you're r not even helping—if I might add."
I take a towel and wipe my hands.
"Whatever you want me to do, I'll do it."
I take the bowl of the mixture and hand it to Steve.
"It needs to chill. Put it in the fridge."
Steve ticks his tongue.
"What's the magic word?"
I let out an annoyed sigh.
"Please."

Steve chuckles and takes the bowl. As he walks over to the fridge I realize that my favorite part of the song is coming up.
"She's dresses in yellow she says "hello, come sit next to me you fine fellow."
I point at Steve as I continue to sing.
"You run over there without a second to lose. And what comes next just bust a move. Come on Steve you're up!"
Before the Hook started Steve jumped over to me and let his hands slide down my arms until they reached mine.
"If you want it!"
He pulled onto my arms so I was closer to him. His hands moved up to my elbows.
"Than you got it."
I began to tear up because of how much I am laughing. On Asgard, I don't have a lot of time for humorous times like these.
"If you want it, baby you got it!"
When Steve said the word "baby" at the end of the line he tapped my nose.
I throw my head back to laugh, but I end up leaning back. This gives Steve the chance to snake his arm around my waist to keep me from falling.

"Is it true that people don't really go dancing anymore?" I asked as I tried to calm myself down. Ballroom dancing is a big thing on Asgard. It gave people something to look forward to when attending a party some upperclass(wo)man was throwing. Personally, I love to dance. I need to dance. But, I just never found the right person to dance with. I'd always end up partnering with one of my brothers, but that is because it's expected of me as a princess and my royal brothers.
"People dance, it's just when people dance with each other, it's not appropriate." Steve said. He let me go and turned off the music.
"What do you mean it's not appropriate? How can dancing be inappropriate?" I tilted my head. Dancing is supposed to be beautiful, not sexual.
"Y'know...girls and their...assets... never mind." I shrugged off the question and changed songs.
"Can't help falling in love" by Elvis began to play.
"Oh I love this Presley man."
Behind me I could hear Steve approach me. He put his hand on my shoulder and turned me to him so he can whisper.
"That makes two of us."
We stared at each other for several seconds, but they were long seconds. Each of us were waiting for the other to say or do something.
"When I was young my mom taught me how to dance because I wanted to ask a girl to prom. The girl rejected me so I never really put it to use. I don't really know why I just told you that when I could've just gone straight for the point...do you want to dance? With me—I mean. Unless you don't wa-"
I cut him off my placing my pointer finger on his mouth.
"I forgot how to dance." I said pretending to be sad. Truthfully, I don't know how midgardians dance. If I did, I most definitely would say yes.
"I'll show you. Come on!"
Steve pulled me out to the living room where there is more room.

"Just follow my lead."
Steve intertwined his fingers with mine using one hand. He used the other to put my free hand on his shoulder, the held my waist.
I followed his steps and let go of him as he twirled me out. He pulled me back and I spun back in, like on Asgard. My back is pressed against his chest and I'm wrapped in his embrace. Because he is slightly taller than me I have to move my head to the crook of his neck to make eye contact with him. I lean up to him and he begins to lean down.

But then the song changes.
"So tell me what you want what you really really want!"
I let go of Steve and jump up.
"I'll tell you what I want what I really really want!" I sing along. Steve stares at me unamused. I stare at him back.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"You're a special kid, Erika." Steve finishes. He walks into his room and closes his door.
I think back to his expression earlier. I can't tell if he was mad or if he was just standing like a normal person would. With Steve, it's kind of hard to tell.

It can't hurt to apologize anyways.

I waited a few minutes before knocking on the door. A soft "come in" was heard quickly after. When I opened the door I saw Steve putting on a new shirt considering the other was a bit messy from the cookie batter.
"Hey."  Steve said as he threw his dirty shirt into a basket. He made it in.
"I just wanted to apologize...we were kind of having a moment and I ruined it."
Steve chuckled, but I couldn't tell if it was a nervous chuckle or a humorous one.
"Don't worry about it, doll."
Steve laid on his bed and pulled out a book that had the title "Harry Potter: The Half-Blood Prince"
"Have you read any of these?" He asked.
I used my generic reply.
"If I did I don't remember."
I've been beginning to feel a pit of guilt in my stomach for lying.
"I have the first few if you want to read them. They are really good, and I mean really good."
I sat on the edge of his bed and looked at the cover of the book. I don't like to judge books by covers, but it had be intrigued.
"Can you read a bit to me?" I asked politely as I moved closer to the top of the bed where the pillows lay.
"I don't know...reading out loud isn't exactly my forte. Plus, you don't know the storyline so it'll be confusing." 
"Then maybe it'll bore me to sleep."
I laid down next to Steve to get a good view of the pages. 

It didn't take very long before I was engrossed into the story. I didn't know who the characters are or how important they are, but dang they are interesting.