Chapter 2

The princes and princess were now eight and inseparable. The princess of Asgard was named Eerika, meaning "ever powerful."  Growing up with witches, Frigga has a gift of predicting the future—in the smallest way possible. She sees her daughter becoming a strong woman, just like herself and her mother. The name Eerika suits the soon to be woman.

Although Odin loved the twins, he seemed to favour Thor more. He was always teaching him, and only him, how to fight and how to use his powers. Thor was born with the thunder coursing through his veins, but he didn't know how to do anything with this ability yet. Sometimes when he was mad his fingers would have sparks flare off, but he couldn't control it.

Frigga took Loki under her wing. She taught him all of the magic she knew, and gave him books to learn more. It didn't take too long before Loki was a master trickster. He would constantly transform Eerika and Thor into animals, or to trick Eerika, he would manipulate illusion to make himself appear as Odin or Frigga so he could trick his sister into doing his work. Although he loved his siblings, messing around with them was his favourite pass-time. He most definitely fit his title as the god of mischief.

Eerika on the other hand would spend her free time watching Odin teach Thor how to fight or Frigga teach Loki magic. Every time she was caught watching them her parents would always ask her if she wanted to join, but she always denied because she didn't want to be a burden. She was an auditory learner. If Odin described an attack to Thor, she could learn it easily. She would always use the attacking strategies Thor learned against him as a way of "training." Thor loved it, playing/training with his sister was the one thing he looked forward to everyday.

Besides, this was only on her free time. Eerika spent countless hours taking classes on how to be a nobel lady. Posture, table manners, proper language, how to sew. To each class she would be forced to wear a suffocating corset that cracked her ribs. She would quit going to them, but she fears her parents wouldn't allow her to practice her fighting anymore. Fighting and battling gives Eerika a rush of adrenaline that nothing else does. Whenever she feels like something bad will happen, that feeling of blood rushing goes through her and fighting helps keep the adrenaline going.

Loki knew more spells than Eerika. Eerika only knew the spells that Frigga taught Loki, while Loki learned more from his books that Eerika wasn't allowed to touch. The only things Eerika could do that Loki could also do were mental manipulation and conjuration.

Eerika has two special talents that neither of her brothers had. She seems to have been born with them. She could teleport and she could demolish something with the touch of her hand if she wanted to. Both of these powers required a lot of energy, and it hurt to use. Odin and Frigga told her to only use her powers if she absolutely had to.

~~~~~~~~~

Currently, Thor and Eerika were roaming in the garden behind the castle. The two were trying to look for a snake for Thor to keep as a pet. Eerika was looking by a small pond, and Thor was looking in a tree. The caregiver watched in delight as the two children pranced around.

Eerika's light purple eyes scanned across a small bush. She quickly made contact with a pair of small, reptilian eyes.
"Brother! I found one!" Eerika shouted from across the garden. Thor's eyes lit up and he came running over to admire the discovery.
"Good find, sister! I can't wait to show Loki! What should we name it. I'm thinking 'The mighty Snake.' What do you think?" Thor picked up the snake in admiration. Snakes were his favourite animal.
"Seems too long for a snake, how about we name it-" Eerika began to list a name, but the snake started to shift into... Loki?
"Bleh! It's me!" Loki was holding a knife in his hand. With that knife he stabbed Thor in the shoulder. Thor started wailing loudly. Sparkles came from his fingers-the twins couldn't tell if he was angry, in pain, or both. Regardless, Eerika and Loki started to laugh. They shared their sense of humor. They found it funny when Thor got hurt by anyone smaller than him.

The caregiver screamed and ran over to Thor's aid.
"Help! The son of Odin is hurt!" She picked Thor up and carried him inside the palace leaving the twins alone.

Erika and Loki stood there, arms crossed, with pouts on their faces.
"Brother, come back and play!" Eerika bellowed with her loud voice.

Loki turned towards his sister.
"Can we still play?" Eerika smiled and nodded. She knew exactly what she wanted to play. The two twins would always play King and Queen together.
"Only if I get to be king." Eerika bargained. She thought it was funny when Loki was queen, he always took the role too seriously.

"Why can't you be queen? You're a girl, and you're the only one that even has a chance of being queen." Loki had a point, plus she could pull the "You were king last time" card next time she wanted to be king.
"Okay fine."

"Let's go destroy those wicked frost giants! We need to keep our people safe!" Loki took his wooden sword and held it out pointing in the direction of a dummy that they pretended was a frost giant.

"Do you really think YOU'RE brave enough to fight those monsters, King Loki? I know I am, but we all know I'm not as scared as you." Eerika puffed out her chest and held out her wooden sword. She used her sword to point at the dummy sitting in the middle of a large area of grass. That's where Thor and Eerika trained.

Eerika pictured the dummy was a frost giant in in her head and went charging after it. Loki followed behind her but stopped when he realized she was destroying the dummy by herself.
"What are you waiting for, brother? Attack!" Loki grinned and went alongside his sister to kill the frost giant. Her purple eyes glowed a bit in excitement and they beat the dummy to pieces with their sword. Eerika did most of the work and Loki noticed this.

Loki stood in awe as he realized they actually beat a dummy to the ground.
"Alright, you can be king, your clearly stronger than me." Loki took off his fake crown and walked over to Eerika to give it to her but she denied it.

"I don't want to be king because I'm stronger than you." Eerika pushed the plastic crown away.
"I want to be queen because I'm stronger than you!" Eerika fixed her fake tiara and flexed her arms.

"My children?" Frigga called out. She saw her two twins with their 'jewels' on their heads and smiled softly.
"It's time for supper. Come along now, we must wash up." The two siblings dropped their wooden swords and went racing over to Freya. Eerika noticed her brother was slower than her so she slowed down to make him seem faster than he actually was.

"Now, would either of you like to tell me why Thor is getting his stab wound treated?" Frigga looked down at her children with her famous 'upset with face.' Loki looked at his sister and laughed nervously.
"We were just playing around, mother!"
Frigga smiled at her boy.
"Next time, aim for his left arm. That way he can still write." Frigga winked and she took her two children by the hand.
"Come along now, your father will be joining us any minute now."

Hello! I hope you enjoyed my first official chapter. I tried to make sure it wasn't as corny as I originally had it.