Chapter 5

Eerika's POV

"Frost giants." Father whispered. I could feel the air get colder by the second. I felt so terrible for Thor. They ruined his big day. I already know what they came for. They wanted the Casket of Ancient Winters. The real question is, how did they get into Asgard?

Father slammed his staff on the ground. He must've released The Destroyer. That will hopefully kill them before they can leave. If they have the casket, a new war will start. It will be bigger and bloodier than before.

Father led my brother's and I down into the vault to see what was taken. Thankfully, the Destroyer did its job wonderfully. It killed all of the frost giants in the room. Father picked up the casket and placed it back onto its display statue. I looked around. The frostgiants killed two of our soliders, I hope they didn't have families. It's terrible to find out a love one has been killed. I hope I'll never have to experience anything like that.

"The Jothuns must pay for what they've done!" Thor said with anger laced into his voice. He seemed to be looking at the solider's lifeless bodies on the ground.

"They have paid." Father replied in a calm voice. He was right, the ones that have tried to steal the casket have paid dearly-with their lives.
"The Destroyer did its work, the casket is safe, the door is closed. All is well." Father kept us eyes fixated on the casket.

"All is well? They broke into the weapons vault. If the frostgiants stolen even one of these relics-" Father cut Thor off.
"They didn't." He maintained his calm voice.

"Well I want to know why!" Thor's voice echoed across the halls. I stepped back towards Loki. He looked just as confused as I did. His eyes were wide with curiosity about what was going to happen next. I grabbed onto Loki's arm, just a habit.

"I have a truce with Laufey, king of Jothunehim-"
"He just broke your truce! They know you are venerable!" Thor yelled once more. I was growing uncomfortable and wanted to leave, but I also wanted to stay and see what would happen-just like Loki.

"What action would you take?" Odin asked. He turned to face Thor. I could tell Thor is going to mess up this answer. I almost wanted to crawl into his head and answer for him.

"I will march into Jothunehim, just as you once did. Teach them a lesson. Break their spirits so they never try to cross our boarders again." I wanted to slap Thor right across the face. He swore to protect the peace we have, yet he wants to start another war.
"You're thinking as a warrior." Odin stated.
"Well this is an act of war!"
"It was an act of but a few, doomed to fail." Father kept his calmness, but you could tell he was angry with Thor.
"Look how far they've gotten!" Thor pointed at the dead bodies leading up the the casket.
"We will find the breach in our defenses we will-" Thor cut Father off once again.
"As King of Asgard-"
"But you're not king!" Odin shouted. My grip tightened on Loki's arm. I was trying to send him the idea that I wanted to leave. Instead he just placed his hand on top of mine in 'comfort' even though it wasn't comforting.
"Not yet." Odin finished. He walked out of the vault and Loki led me to a faster exit that he somehow knew and I didn't. I could hear Thor screaming in the background.

"This can't be good." My brother mumbled to me. We left the vault and we could still hear Thor yelling.
"What gave that away brother?" Loki stifled a laugh. We could still hear Thor screaming.
"You have ears, sister, take a wild guess. I won't hold it against you if you answer incorrectly." Loki and I entered the palace and the screaming stopped. Him and I went up onto the 'royal' floor which was only for my family and whoever we allowed up there.

Loki and I went into the main room and played a game of chess trying to forget the situation. Fandral, Hogun, Volstagg, and Sif joined us shortly after.