I quickly looked away, but he had already spotted me.

"Morena," he said in a lighter tone. "Baby, you need to let me explain." He walked closer to me but I extended a finger out as I fumbled back and forth.

"Elijah, go home. We are done. I'm not going to play your games anymore. You ignored me for more than a day and then I see you with your ex? If you wanted to be with her you, the least you couldve done was a be a man about it." It took a while to get that all out, but I felt satisfied to let my voice be finally heard.

Elijah ran his hands through his hair and clenched his eyes. "No, no, Morena. There's more to the story, I just need you to listen to me."

Xavier stood up and decided to intervene. "Elijah, Morena wants you to leave."

I nervously looked at Xavier who had easily gotten onto Elijah's bad side and stood in front of him. "Elijah, go. Go to your rich bitch and live a life full of lies. Thanks for wasting my time! I guess I was too much of a kid for you."

"You're drunk. You don't know what you're talking about. Come home with me," he begged as he reached out to me. His eyes pleaded me to go with him.

"You dont know what you're talking about because I'm not just drunk, I'm high!" I said proudly and crossed my arms. I was not in the right state of mind to be making any sort of judgement calls.

"I'm not letting you stay here while you're intoxicated," Elijah said, grabbing my arm and pulling me to his side. "You cant even stand straight."

"I'm an adult. Okay! I can make my own decisions!" I tried shoving him off me but his grip was too tight. Xavier faced Elijah and tried to swing at him but Elijah quickly dodged it. Xavier was too drunk and high that he just collapsed onto the floor.

Everything was becoming dizzy and a sense of paranoia started to creep into me. Elijah helped me into his car and buckled me in. Despite being held down, I felt like I was floating away. The street lights were morphing together and the blasting music of the frat house kept playing in my mind in a loop.

"Fuck you, Elijah," I cried as he began to drive. "You broke my heart." I covered my face with my hands and began to cry. My sobs were echoed and my hands wouldn't stop trembling.

"Fuck," he groaned. "I'm so sorry."

Elijah drove as fast as he could for five minutes until all the movements was really hitting me. When I was standing up I felt like I was going 100 mph, but being in a speeding car quite possibly going that made me feel like I was being launched into space.

"I'm going to puke!" I yelled as I opened up the window.

Elijah quickly parked his car into the garage and opened my passenger door. In that exact moment, I puked all over him. It served him right, but I only felt even more shitty.

He ignored the fact that I threw up on him and lifted me up. My body was shutting down, for a split second I believed I was going to die.

We made into his apartment and to his bathroom. I wrapped the toilet in my arms and started to puke out everything inside me. I wanted this brownie and booze out of me.

Elijah rubbed my back and exhaled deeply. "Itll be okay."

I was still paranoid. I felt like someone was going to come after me and expose me. I was hallucinating dark, deep voices and humiliating laughter. I hid my head into the toilet and cried as I puked all the reminents of the night away.

"I'm so sorry, baby. Please know that."

"Just stop talk..." I puked again.

After ten minutes of being by the toilet and lifelessly leaning against the toilet, I knew that I had surpassed the peak of the high. Everything around me was still constantly in motion, but I managed to get up.

"You have puke all over yourself and so do I. We should shower," Elijah suggested.

"Are you really serious right now? You're trying to sleep with me? I told you we were thr--"

Elijah caught me before I could slip. "Stop. Let me take care of you. I want you to get cleaned and go to bed."

"Take me home. I can take care of myself. I've been doing it since I was little!"

"Not anymore, let me take care of you. Please."

I didn't have the energy to fight with him. I shivered from the goosebumps that were crawling up my arms and legs. Elijah undressed me and then continued to undress himself.

Despite the hated that I was feeling for him, I couldnt deny the fact that he was so beautiful. The vintage-like vision I was experiencing didn't help. It made him look some chivalrous man. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my body against his bare skin. "I knew you were too good to be true."

"Morena..."

I ran my hands down his sculptured back and moaned. What was going on? Why was I doing this? I didnt want him, I wanted to get away from him but my body was doing the opposite. "I want to fuck one last time..." I whispered against his chest.

His groan was a mixture of frustration and desire. He wanted me, but he wasnt going to take advantage of me. "Not like this."

We walked into the shower and I let him clean my body. I wasnt capable of doing anything but just stand. The rest of the night was a blur. I made a few other attempts at sleeping with Elijah but he politely declined everytime. I would get upset with him but then get a good view his beautiful, angelic face which made all my anger subside.

Before I slipped into one of the deepest sleeps I've ever had, I whispered to him, "Was she worth it?"

He hovered over me and watched me attentively. "If only you knew the whole story."