Chapter 57: Girls Interrupted

Start from the beginning

"What?" she laughed

"What?" she laughed.

"It's not funny." I pouted.

"Wait, wait. They think it's Matthew's kid? That shit's hilarious, babe, I'm sorry."

"Lauren, stop!" I complained, but couldn't fight the small smirk growing on my face.

"Hey, I've already been a good girlfriend and established that you're gorgeous. Now, I can laugh about the ridiculousness of the situation."

"My feelings aren't ridiculous."

"I didn't say that."

"It was implied."

"Implications are formed in your own head, my love."

"Can I see you?"

"May I."

"Shutup. I'm facetiming you."

"Wait. It's not really the best time."

"Too late."

With that, I chuckled to myself as I clicked the FaceTime button. If she really couldn't talk, she would just decline it, anyway. It only took two rings for her to accept my request. My eyes widened the second I saw her image pop up on the screen.

"What the fuck?" I giggled.

"I told you it wasn't the best time." she said with a bashful smile.

Lauren was sporting blue and red eye shadow, one color on each eye, along with bright red lipstick and, the kicker, a platinum blonde wig. I could see someone's hand move into the frame with a black marker ready to decorate Lauren's face even further.

"Where are you? What's happening?" I laughed.

"Halloween is happening." she smirked.

"Not for another five days, it's not."

"Yeah, well, Ashley's having a Halloween party tonight and so I'm going."

"Why didn't you tell me about this?"

"It all just sort of...happened yesterday..."

..............................................................

October 25th, 2018

2:00 P.M.

Lauren

"Man, I'm just not really in the mood. Can't I skip one damn event?" I huffed.

"Not two days after your first single was released, you can't.", my manager, Dan, replied, "Besides, it's Ashley's party. You know she'd love for you to be there."

"I'm not a fan of you using people I care about to get me to do things. It makes it impossible to say no."

"And that, my dear, is exactly why it must be done. Cheer up! It'll be fun."