Chapter 6: Champagne and Takis

August 28th, 2016

Lauren

9:00 P.M.

"Show's starting." I informed Camila as I placed a protective hand on the small of her back to lead her forward with me.

"Don't push me. I'll probably trip over my dress and fall on my face." she joked.

"Maybe they'd give us a pity VMA then."

"Ok then what are you waiting for? Knock me down, Lauren!"

The two of us entered into a small fit of giggles as we continued to make our way to our seats. I couldn't believe the way we were acting. We were getting along, teasing each other, touching each other as if it was no big deal, and, most importantly, actually sitting next to each other at the 2016 MTV VMA's. Camila and I hadn't sat immediately next to each at a public award show in ages, especially not one as big as this one.

So, how the fuck did we get to this point after barely talking for weeks? That explanation consists of a couple of people who decided to get involved in Camila and I's situation

So, how the fuck did we get to this point after barely talking for weeks? That explanation consists of a couple of people who decided to get involved in Camila and I's situation. The first of which was, unexpectedly, Lucy Vives.

................................................................

August 17th, 2016

7:00 P.M.

Finally, she was calling back. I had called Lucy three times and texted her twice in the past twenty minutes. There was nobody else that I wanted to talk to. Seeing Camila had frustrated me even more than I had thought it would. She had waltzed out of that elevator, pretending to be so innocent and clueless.

How could she have not known about the meeting? How she go practically the entire day without answering her phone? What the fuck did Roger have her doing this time? The whole situation was just so infuriating and I needed Lucy to calm me down. Just as I thought of calling my girlfriend one more time, her picture appeared on my screen along with a rhythmic buzz.

"Finally." I huffed into the phone.

"Woah, relax. I was in the shower." she answered back.

"This is no time for showers."

"Alright, what's going on, mi amor?"

"Ugh, ok, well...wait, how are you?"

"So we can waste time with that but not with showers?"

"Not if you start answering my questions with more questions."

"I'm good, babe.", she laughed, "Just tell me what's happening."

"Good. Ok, so, Camila missed another meeting with L.A."

"Wow, seriously?"

"Yeah. I'm sick of this shit. Dinah was fucking devastated."