Chapter 41: I'm Just Curious

Start from the beginning

Well, I knew that that definitely wasn't true...

"If you want a love doctor, we can get you a love doctor." he continued.

"I...I'm not following." I said, finally stepping into the car.

"It just so happens that we have Matthew Hussey's phone number."

"What?", I scoffed as I took a seat, "No, no, Roger, it's not like that. I mean, it's just a dumb celebrity crush. I have them all the time."

"But it doesn't have to be, Camila, that's what I'm saying. This year can be even bigger for you with a love interest in your corner."

"Roger, I—"

"Hey, weren't you saying you wanted to put yourself out there more this year? Have new experiences?"

"Well, yeah, but—"

"I know the Nick Jonas thing may have been a bust..."

Ah, yes. The weird 'let's push you towards Nick Jonas on New Years and have you talk about it in a public interview' thing. They were already kicking my straight image into full gear this year.

(^ Go to 2:50)

"...but don't worry, C. We'll take care of it." he finished.

With that, he slid the van door to a close.

..............................................................

January 15th, 2018

11:00 P.M.

Lauren

"You always in your phone." Ty half sung as he walked over to me.

I looked up from the small device in my hands and smiled at him.

"Do you feel like I do you wrong?" I asked.

"Nah, baby.", he answered while moving to hover over me on the bed, "You do me just right."

Ty punctuated his statement with a light kiss on my lips. We smiled at each other as he pulled away and caressed my hair gently.

"Wanna get high?" he asked with a grin.

"You know I'm always down." I responded.

"I know you are.", he chuckled, "I'm going to go roll on the balcony. Meet me out there?"

"Of course."

Ty kissed me one last time before standing up straight again and flashing me a quick wink. I watched the older man make his way over to his suitcase to gather his things before disappearing out onto the balcony.

Ty and I had just done our first live performance together of our song, 'In Your Phone'. It had been fun enough getting to record and write on the song with him, but getting up on that stage together was something else entirely. It reminded me of when Camila and I were dating back when she was in the group and we would share quick, flirty glances whenever we could. With Ty, however, we didn't have to try and hide anything, and it was extremely liberating.