Silent Witness.

There was a knock at the door: not very loud due to the fact it was a naked hand on solid steel. Xiumin took his hat from on top of his face and looked over to Chanyeol who was staring at the door like he was trying to see through it, crinkling his eyes like he wasn't sure if there was even a sound in the first place. Sehun was fast asleep on Baekhyun's chest, Lay and Chen seeming like they were dreaming but really, they were staring dead at the ceiling, re-thinking just about everything. Those awake looked at the door and Chanyeol, then to the door again.
"Who do you think it is?" Xiumin said in a whisper, seeing as not once had they had a knock on their warehouse door since moving in.
"I don't know." Chanyeol replied slowly, getting up from where he was sitting and walking over to a pile of suitcases where they stored their guns, not taking his eyes off the door. Lay sat up, slowly reaching for his roulette gun that was laying on the floor beside his mattress. He pushed out the bullet compartment to check it was full, pressing it back in when he saw six golden bullets sitting safely within the weapon.
"It might be the police." Chen said worryingly. He had stood up and made his way to stand beside Xiumin, looking down at him with concern. Normally, they could deal with a problem like this: they would commence their shoot off with the police in an open area where they had the advantage, but now they were trapped in an open building that the police had probably surrounded.
"What are we going to do?" Baekhyun asked, Chanyeol turning to him almost as soon as he opened his mouth. He froze, his gun stable in his hands and all eyes on him. He was quiet for a moment, but as another knock sounded at the door, it was like he was forced to speak.
"Wake up Sehun and all get your guns. Spread around and be ready, I'll open the door." He ordered in a similar fashion D.O would in these types of situations. He knelt and pushed multiple bullets into his gun, hurrying as he heard yet another knock at the door, this time more urgently like they were angry. Baekhyun gently shook Sehun awake, whispering for him to hurry as he tried moving away from his grip. Sehun was persistent in not letting go at first, mumbling 'no's' and 'don't let me go', until Baekhyun told him what was going on and he awoke like he was shocked by lightning. He rubbed his eyes as quick as a bullet out of a gun, pushing himself off the mattress and forcing himself awake. He reached over for his blue gun he had found before robbing a corner shop a few months ago, inserting bullets that were lying in the bottom of the draw in the bedside table the gun was sat upon. Baekhyun walked over to Chanyeol to take his own gun from the bag he was stood beside. They shared a look, Baekhyun reaching his hand to caress Chanyeol's cheek. Chanyeol felt his eyes close, leaning into the touch like it was the last one he may ever get. It ended almost as soon as it started, the warmth disappearing when he wanted it there for longer, possibly forever. Opening his eyes, he saw Lay and Chen kneeling in various places: Chen behind the counters in the kitchen, only just hidden from the view at the door, and Lay beside his mattress, not unseen but in a good position to fire shots directly into the door-way. Sehun was beginning to crouch down beside his bedside table, holding his gun stable in place, though his bloodshot eyes took perpetual blinks to stop them from closing into sleep. He was nervous, scared in a way he had never been whilst holding a gun. Usually with a weapon in his possession he would feel on top of the world, like he could do whatever he wanted, kill whomever he chooses, and nobody could stop him. But now, he was terrified: fresh from losing his closest teammate and eyes blurred from trying to sleep off what their evening had encountered. Yet, though he felt so vulnerable and out-of-control, he seemed so peaceful and still to the naked eye.
"I'm going to open the door." Chanyeol announced slowly, tip-toeing towards the door almost like he was scared to be heard by whoever was outside. Two, much louder, bangs smacked against the door, Chanyeol squinting to protect himself from the sudden noise. He trailed his fingers through the air and tapped them gently upon the key that was keeping them safe from the outside world, gripping it tightly before beginning to turn. There was a click like the sound of knuckles cracking when stretched too far or the pop of a lid separating from a container. He took a breath and reached for the handle, the cold iron freezing his hand almost the second he touched it. It wasn't until he was taking his time of a situation like this that he noticed all the chips and scratchs in the handle, wondering what scenarios could cause damage to an awkward object like that. Perhaps it was when they would rush out for a shooting, or when Kai once chased Sehun around with one of Suho's old socks and he desperately scratched at the door to escape him, or maybe it was from Kyungsoo when he began smashing plates against the walls of the warehouse after losing a game of frying pan, ending up in all of them smashing every plate, bowl and glass they owned against the door because that was what they had as their definition of fun. In a way, it relaxed Chanyeol: thinking of happy memories in a moment where death could occur at any time. But just because he was relaxed it didn't mean the others were. He pulled the door wide open, holding his gun in front of his eyes and almost, but not quite, pressing his finger onto the trigger to shoot the person outside dead in the chest. But he didn't. In fact, he just stood there, staring at who was looking back at him.
"Kyungsoo?"