Chapter 9: Bare with Me

Start from the beginning

"Grandma here is." I teased, pointing to Ashlee as she opened up our room door.

"I'm not going to sit here and take this abuse...", Ashlee responded, "...but yes, I'm going to sleep. Mi-mi?"

"I'll chill with Lauren for a little bit."

"How kind of you." said Lauren.

Ashlee left me with the key card and disappeared into our room while Lauren and I moved into hers. I was glad that she and I could just hangout without it being weird anymore. Otherwise, I probably would've ended up watching Friends for four hours straight and trying to contain my laughter so I wouldn't wake Ashlee up. Lauren and I took our places on the floor at the foot of her bed.

"So, do you want to explain why you didn't want to go out?" I asked Lauren after telling her about the night's events.

"Can't I just not want to go out sometimes?" she countered.

"Sure, but we're in Barcelona! And it's you. I figured you would have wanted to stay behind with us so you could go out."

"I wanted to stay behind because I happen to love this city just as much as you do, dummy. Plus, Lauren (our keyboardist, not to be confused with Lauren of the Jauregui descent) and I had plans to go this tapas place she loves. But, tonight, I'm exhausted. There's no way I could've gone out, or hopped on a plane for that matter."

"Four years together and you're still full of surprises."

"What can I say? I'm a complex human being."

"Yeah, yeah. So what did you do all night?"

"Listened to your song."

Woah, what? I had almost forgotten that 'Bad Things' had been released earlier that day and I definitely didn't expect Lauren to say that she had actually listened to it

Woah, what? I had almost forgotten that 'Bad Things' had been released earlier that day and I definitely didn't expect Lauren to say that she had actually listened to it. All I had gotten from her for Shawn and I's song was a forced tweet.

"Are you serious?" I asked, suddenly nervous.

"I mean, it's not all I did, but, yeah, I listened to it." she replied.

"Wow. That's...I mean...um, what do you think?"

"What do you think I think?"

"Laurennnn."

"Camila, relax. It's dope."

"Really?"

"It's really dope. I listened to it like a dozen times."

I almost lunged at her like I had done to Dinah when she told me her reaction, but I contained myself.

"Oh my gosh.", I said instead, "Thank you! That's so nice!"

"Just honest.", she answered with a smile, "You know, it was so good that it makes me want to do a solo song of my own."

I stared back at Lauren with a blank expression.