Chapter 6: Champagne and Takis

Start from the beginning

"Dinah? Really? I feel like she usually has it together."

"She does. That's the issue. When Dinah is the one who can't hide her emotions, we have a problem. Why is Camila being so fucking inconsiderate?"

"Why'd she ditch?"

"I don't know."

"Maybe you should figure that out before you start pointing fingers."

"Does it matter what it was? It was probably something to do with her signing a new solo contract or recording another stupid song by herself."

"Ok well then it's nothing new. Why are you so mad?"

"Because it's affecting everyone, Lucy. Not just me anymore."

"I didn't even know it was still affecting you at all."

"It wasn't. It's not...but when it starts affecting people I care about I start getting pissed."

"Mi amor, listen. You just have to ride this one out. You're already halfway through the tour. It'll be over soon. There's nothing you can do about it right now except for be there for Dinah and the girls. The four of you need to stick together."

"I just wish she'd leave already."

The second the words had left my mouth, I became fully aware of what I'd said. That was the first time since I'd known the brown eyed girl was going to leave us that I genuinely thougth that I wanted her gone. I couldn't handle the drama anymore.

"You don't mean that." Lucy countered.

"Lucy, I do. I've never wanted this before but I do now. She needs to go. She's only complicating things." I confessed.

"Pero...it's Camila. I know you've moved on and everything but you really don't even want her around anymore?"

"There's no point. It's not like we're friends again. I'm not even sure we ever were."

"Fair point, but I think you're harboring too much hate towards her. I mean, even when she leaves, will you be happy with where you left things with her? Lauren...maybe you should talk to her."

"What?", I scoffed, "Are you serious? You of all people are encouraging me to talk to Camila?"

"Mi amor, I haven't seen your temper blow up like this in a while. You need to resolve whatever it is that's bothering you and I think that talking to her would help. It'll help you understand her."

"I already understand. I get why she's leaving. It's been established."

"Not that. I mean...I don't know. I just feel like there's tension that doesn't need to be there. I just want you to focus on being happy and healthy, baby."

"I don't need her for that."

"Lauren, you know what I mean. Just think about it, ok?"

"Whatever. I guess I will..."

................................................................

August 28th, 2016

10:30 P.M.

Camila

I couldn't even believe that this was happening. We had just beat out artists like Beyonce, Rihanna, Drake, and Ariana Grande for the Best Collaboration Video at the VMA's. I was genuinely so lucky that I hadn't peed myself when they called our names out.