41. Nights like this

"Julia" Kevin sings as he pulls up beside me "What's up, Kev?" I stop walking as I reach my locker putting some of my books in it.
"Remember when I asked you about auditioning for Carrie the musical"
I look at him and close the locker knowing what is going to come.

"You promised the next musical I would be directing would have you starring" we start walking again.
"What's it gonna be?" I sigh not being able to break my promise
"Maria, I kissed a girl named maria" he sings

My parenys never watched musicals with us, so I don't know what he is talking about, which can be seen on my face
"West side story" his face excited "and you my dear friend are going to play maria, the main character"

"Oh, well I guess I have no other choice do I?" I chuckle
"Nope" a satisfied smile on his lips "but first we need to educate you. So the whole cast is gonna watch it during a sleep over"

We turn left and enter student lounge.
"So I thought about a speak-easy, since there is no use in the basement" V explains "La bonne nuit" making extravagant hand gestures.

"La bonne nuit? Sounds fancy, what is it?" I wonder
"In the basement of pop is some free room and I'm gonna turn it into something like a cabaret. You know the musical?" She smiles at me

"No she doesnt" Kevin answers for me "That's why I wanted to propose something" gaining the attention of the others "since you are looking at Maria who doesn't even know who maria is" throwing me funny look making me giggle "how about we sleep over and watch Westside story?"

"Oh that's great I'm Anita" Ronnie excitedly but I have no idea who the hell Anita is so I just nod give he slight smile back "We could do it at the bonne nuit, there's enough space"
"Great" Kevin smiles and so it's set.

~During class

"So, here is the information paper for-"
"Julia Monroe please report to the principals office"

Not knowing what I did wrong I get up and walk out of the room.

"Julia, please come in" principal weatherbee points to the chair opposite of him. I sit down
"You're probably wondering why you are here" he smiles but I just keep quiet and return a mild smile.

"Well, I heard you wanted to take part in the new musical and students need their parents approval to join extracurriculars" silence.

I don't know what he wants to hear from me now but neither want nor can I answer.

"And since I'm aware of your... special situation..." oh Lord "Well you still need the approval but I'm willing to take care of this. I'll sign the paperwork as an approving adult. Is that alright with you?"

"Oh, thank you so much, sir. This is really nice" I smile trying to express my gratitude.
"Then you can return to your class now"

~ Movie night at the bonne nuit

We're all sitting on the floor in our pyjamas looking at the screen build up on the stage. The movie is alright I guess, let's just say I'm gonna have 'I feel pretty' stuck in my head for the next month.

I'm resting my head on sweet peas broad shoulder, him having his arm around me. Feeling him staring at me I look up to meet his dark brown eyes.  His fingers lift up my chin and he leans in for a kiss. All our surroundings disappear and all I can feel is his lip on mine.

"Hey! Less kissing more watching" Kevin throws a pillow at us and I start to giggle a little still pressing our lips together. I pull away and sweet pea rolls his eyes annoyed.

"So Julia how'd you like it?" Josie asks
"Yeah it was good but why didn't she just shoot everyone in the end? I mean... duh" and everybody starts laughing.

~the next morning

We're all upstairs eating breakfast.
"Ok, so now that we've educated you the rehearsals can start on monday" Kevin stuffs some egg into his mouth "Any questions?"
"Mmh, who is playing Tony?" I look at fangs thinking he would suit the role.

But he shruggs his shoulders "Ima be your big brother, bernardo"
"I was hoping Archie could do the part" Kevin speaks up again "what do you say?"
"Sure, why not" arch smiles at me

I sense that sweet pea is not too happy about that but after what the Andrews did for us he can't say anything.
"I mean Sweet Pea, you could audition as well" Kev proposes but he declines
"Yeah, not gonna happen. And I think we should head home now" he looks at me raising an eyebrow and I agree
"Bye guys, see you" I wave them goodbye.