19. Be alright

I'm at Veronicas confirmation and she looks divine in her white dress.
After the whole ceremony we head to the after party, nothing special I mostly hang around at the food with jug. But when I came back from the toilet betty had accompanied him.

She just got of the phone "that's great we'll be there in a minute"
"What going on guys" I step back in the room.
"Someone found Pickens head" Archie blurts out excited.

We drive down to a scrapyard where we meet an old man with a beard.
"You the kids looking for a head?" He asks as we turn in
"If only we lived in a town where the answer could be no" I role my eyes
Jughead laughs but betty speaks up with her soft voice "we are. And you called to say that you have it?" She reassures
"I got nearly ten acres of scrap and I come across weird stuff all the time, but this is the first time I found a bronze head" his old cracky voice sounds excited and pulls up a bag on the table. With a heavy noise he put it down "it was stashed in an old refrigerator."
Jughead opens the zipper to see general Pickens bronze head "you not happen to see who dumped this?" He wonders "has anyone suspicious been around?" I add
"I get scavengers all the time. But there was a guy who came in last week. Never seen him before. Claimed he wanted bike parts, but he didn't buy anything" the old man tells
"Well, did you get his name? What did he look like?" Betty wants to know
"Low-life type. Had on one of those jackets" he points at me and jug.

"You think what I think?" I ask Jughead
He nods "by any chance, was this gentleman tall?"
"Sure was" the man approves

I look at betty and then Jughead and we know what we have to do now.
We take the head and call fp to meet us in front of the whyte wyrm.

20 minutes later the four of us plus general Pickens head enter the bar.
"Stop the Damn vote" Fp commands
Tall boys turns around annoyed to see Jughead holding a bronze head.
Als the interrogation begins.

I stand next to betty leaning against sweet pea while jug and his dad push tall boy on a chair "What the hell were you doing at the dump last week, tall boy?" Fp spats while sitting down
"I don't know what you're talking about" tall boy sighs
"I'm talking about you cutting the head off the pickens statue and stashing it at the dump where you were seen, dumbass. So start spilling" he shouts now
"Why'd you do it?" Jughead questions with an angry under tone "Someone put you up to this?"
But tall boy ignores the questions "What's the northsiders doing here?" Everybodys eyes on betty "this is serpent business on serpent land"
"She's here because she's one of us" jug explains calmly

Fp speaks up from behind tall boy " you haven't answered my son's question: why'd you do it?"
"Cause I am tired of seeing the serpents going soft under your rule. Then Hiram lodge came by, wanting to stir up trouble" he finally gives in "he said If I took the head, he'd get McCoy and the cops to swarm all over us."

I can feel sweet pea tensing up behind me.
"So, Hiram lodge asked you to start a mutiny and you helped him? Why?" Jughead wonders
"I figured it would be my chance to get rid of you, sunshine" the tall Serpent hisses "and if I got rid of him, I could get rid of you, too, FP"
"And then, what, you'd become leader? Fp is angry now and so is Jughead "he and penny. You're a Judas, tall boy. And an idiot."
"You betrayed your own kind, tall boy. You broke serpent law. What should we do with this lowlife?" Fp shouts in the round.

"Strip him of his jacket. Exile him" jug suggests
"All those in favour?"
Everybody raises their hand including betty, FP chuckles "looks like this piece of trash and I got a long ride ahead of us." Fp whispers.

~At home

"Guess we don't have to move" I smile and open up two beers "Now that the head is returned"
"Told you everything would work itself out" he grins satisfied.
I sigh and fall down on the sofa when I get a message and my phone buzzes:

Cheryl: hey jules, slumber party at fisselhouse? Veronica, betty, Josie and Toni included.
Xx

Guess I'll be staying at Cheryls tomorrow.

_______________________________________

Guyss, thanks for 600 reads that's incredible! \^o^/

I just wanted to explains the titles because they not always fit the content. The chapters names are mostly names of songs I listen to while writing or which fit the/my mood. But I tried adjusting the titles to the content :)