17. I'll be there for you

First Jughead resisted on changing his clothes but he didn't really have a chance. Like the others excluding jug I think the school is worth wearing something else. I mean it's not like I can never wear it again so everything's fine.

Still jug couldn't stop thinking about the 'discrimination' so he invented a school club where we could meet legitimate as a gang. 'Swords and snakes' was the name of the group that could discuss every serpent thing without breaking the rules.

Anyways, the ball was getting closer to be more specific it's tomorrow and my motivation to attend can't be found anywhere.

"B, J, tomorrow at 4:30 pm at the pembrooke" veronica pulls me and betty aside
"Sounds great" I answer and betty nods in agreement.

~4:30 at veronicas

The three of us sit in veronicas room drinking our margaritas. I can't believe veronica lives at such a beautiful place compared to the Trailer this is a castle. Amazed I look around
"Do you like it Julia" Mrs. Lodge steps into the room
"It's amazing" I admire and she smiles at me a small laugh escaping her mouth and V and B start laughing at me
"Are you getting ready girls? Andre is waiting downstairs at 6" Mr. Lodge adds
"Yes daddy" Ronnie chirps. I kind of envy her she has the perfect life, perfect family and friends...

We put on our gowns and take some pictures. It's already 5:53 and we head downstairs to meet with andre the lodges employee. Fancy

We arrive at the schools gym which is turned into a decorated ball room.
"Wow B you did a great job" I compliment her and she shyly expresses thanks.

We were supposed to meet the guys outside but only Archie arrived yet.
"Wow you girls look beautiful" Archie compliments us as we walk towards him
Ronnie gives him a kiss "of course we do"

After a while two bulldogs approach us, I don't know them but they greet everyone including me. "Dude, what's up" Archie starts talking.
"We just wanted to say hi and" now they turn to me "sorry about what happend to you" their expressions change to a sad frown and they walk away.

"What was that about?" Betty wonders
"I have no idea..." of course I know what they refer to... but how would they know that? The only person I ever told was... Sweet pea.
A few people would come to me and pity me or some just walk past me stare and whisper.

This starts to annoy me but for my luck Jughead and sweet pea arrive now. Jughead wearing a vintage tux and sweet pea an all black suit. I jump into his arms and we head inside.
"Never thought I'd see you in a tux" I laugh at sweet pea
"Yeah... don't get used to it" he pokes my side and my mood brightens up.

Inside the Pussycats were already singing, Josie must have agreed to reunite for this event, and we dispersed. Betty, jug, V and Archie greeted Kevin and some other friends but sweet pea and I walked to the other serpents on the bar.
"Julia you look gorgeous" Toni squeaks and the others agree
"So do youuu" I compliment her back.

For such a conventional ball we had pretty much fun. We drank and talked and now and then we danced.

The whispering didn't stop and I felt like something was up but I didn't get any clarity until Cheryl came to talk to me.

"Excuse me" she pushes herself through to me "jules can we talk" she says with an uneasy smile. I stand up she takes my hand and we walk outside.

She takes both my hands in hers and looks me in the eyes. "The same thing happend to me" she sighs. "W-What?"
Cheryl blossom looks at me like I'm some kind of wounded puppy
"The rape, well the attempt" she presses out of her lips
Oh.my.god how did she know that
"Who?"
"Some old NYC friend of veronicas, he tried to roofie me... but the Pussycats saved me. I'm happy you were saved too" she pulls me in for a hug. All the emotions that I tried to oppress came up to the surface now. I want to cry but I can't.

"Who told you that?" I whisper
"Reggie" at the sound of his name I clench my fists but she continues.

"And about your parents... It's better to have none then some shitty one like I do" she rolls her eyes.
I know about her father and her brother. She had her fair share of bad luck and as far as I know her mother must be a monster.

I touch her upper arm "I'm sorry about everything you had to go through and if you ever want to talk... I'm here" I offer and a little tear rolls down her face. I brush her hair from her shoulder and turn away to walk back inside.

Sweet Pea and the others walk up to me but I walk right past them and rush towards Reggie that little...

I'm not one to freak out easily. I learned to hide my emotions over the years but now, right now I'm furious as hell.

"Julia..." Reggie starts as he sees me
"Reggie who told you" I cut him off
"Ehm it was some of my suppliers, a ghoulie" he rubs his neck nervously
"So you thought it was a good idea to tell the whole school?" I blurt out
"Well..."
"No look Reggie it was not your place to tell my story, get that?" I get louder with every word
"Look Julia I'm sorry but you said I didn't know you. Now I do" he apologises
The heat rises to my face and I'm so full of anger that I don't even get one word out of my throat. So I just grab his shirt and hit him in the face. He stumbles back and falls on the floor.

I kneel down to him "I'm not a victim" I whisper so that only he can hear it. He holds his face which turned really red. And I was not to see him again this whole evening.

The other students who noticed my yelling were now cheering but someone pulls me aside into a corner.
I look up to see sweet peas face, his hands tight around my waist pulling me close to him.

"Why are you so hot when you are kicking ass?" He asks with a grin on his face and I start looking on the floor laughing shyly. His thumb strokes over my cheek and his other fingers are under my chin now lifting it up so that I have no other option but looking at him. He leans in closer and kisses me. In the background 'put your head on my shoulder' plays through the boxes.

We pull away from each other and head back to the others.
"Damn Julia you are a badass" Archie and veronica laugh. The other serpents are impressed as well and now jug and betty join us.

"Ju can we talk?" Jug questions a bit worried
I let go of sweet peas hand and walk outside with Jughead. We sit down on a bench and look up at the dark sky.

"Why? Why didn't you tell me, I'm your best friend" he sounds hurt
"I-im sorry but I didn't tell anybody" I lower my head "sweet pea saved me when tommy and some other ghoulies tried to" I gulp "tried to rape me." Tears start falling down my cheek "I try oppressing my feelings but I guess that's over now" I laugh still crying
"Sometimes talking eases the pain"
"Yeah but sometimes it doesnt" I still cry "and nothing happend so why should I tell anybody, I just felt stupid, like a fool"

Jughead pulls me in his embrace and strokes my back. "If anything happens again, please just tell me. I'll be there for you. That's my job as your best friend" he pulls away and looks in my crying face so I force out a smile.

"Everything alright?" A familiar chalky deep voice appears behind me.
"Yes sweet pea" Jughead responds because I still can't talk because of the lump in my throat. He stretches his hand out to me and I take it. He does look really really good in his suit.

We walk back inside and the Pussycats are back on the stage singing 'secret love song'. Sweet pea pulls me on the dance floor wipes my tears away and pulls me close to him.

We are both not the best dancers but swaying around is alright. So we just 'dance' in the middle of the hall my head resting on his chest, my hands around his neck and his hands on my lower back.

'When you hold me in the street
And you kiss me on the dance floor
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that? Cause I'm yours'

_______________________________________

🎊Thank you for 400 reads whoaaa🎉

And I put the song I was referring to above, it's not the original one but it's a beautiful cover. Imagine the song in the end scene