Yeah, that didn't happen. Instead, I ran straight into the Common room to find Bex. She sat on a bed. My bed. As if she were waiting. Her eyes were unfocused, and she was staring off into space, her legs crossed under her. She was still wearing her striped pajama bottoms, with a white hoodie and her hair in a messy knot on the top of her head. Charlotte and Evy were no where to be seen. 

As soon as she saw me by the door way, though, Bex exploded, like a bomb waiting for movement before activating. 

"ROSE! OH MY GOD, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN WHY HAVEN'T YOU ANSWERED MY MAIL, OH YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE IT-" She jumped off my bed and gripped my arms, shaking me as if to wake me up. 

"Bex! Stop it!" I say, feeling dizzy from so much shaking. "And what letters? I only got two from you, regarding you're christmas wishes."

Bex suddenly stops still. She narrows her eyes and spins towards her bedside table. "Bloody hell! I must've forgotten to send them! Crap!"

Genius. My best friend is a genius. "Yeah so are you planning on telling me about this valuble news you have?" I ask after two minutes of silence. 

"Oh...yeah..." she says mildly, her eyes unfocused. "Those guys with the curses did it again, and it was really weird because I was talking to -" she stopped abruptly, looking up and narrowing her eyes. "You have to talk to him. Go! He's probably at the library, he's holed himself up there since then and the librarian is going crazy about it- after all, she really can't have any fainting people or student statuettes there can she?" Bex rambled. 

It all sounded like greek to me, because I didn't understand a word she said. I tried asking her who, what, when.. Needless to say, all she did was point to the librabry and lock herself in our dorm. Helpful. 

So I went to the library, dreading whoever Bex was talking about. Truthfully, I had a pretty good idea of who she was talking about, and he is probably the last person I want to see right now. But, seeing as I was thrown out of my room and Bex swore she wouldn't let me back in until I talked to Scorpius, I decided to get it over with. Like a band-aid, just rip it off at once. 

In this case, Scorpius is the nasty scab I wish I could get rid of. 

I found him sitting at a table in the back of the room, between high shelves of dusty books, the same place I sat a few weeks ago. He didn't even notice me at first. 

I though that once I did see the jerk again, I would either cooly ignore him and act indifferent or say something smart and witty to his slimy face. Sadly, none of them happened. 

"Who the hell do you think you are?" I demand, as soon as I am earshot. I stand as far away as I can, and have to restrain myself from shouting. I didn't want Madame Pincer coming after me for being too loud in the library. That would be like the end of the world to her. Hermione's daughter talking loudly in the library?! Shocking. 

Scorpius gazes at me dazedly, his expression confused. I fold my arms against my chest, and can feel my cheeks getting warmer as my temper flares. "Don't even try to act innocent." I spit out, my voice much colder that I intended. I completly forget about his letters, his complete obliquity to why I was ignoring him.