The Note

It had been a year.

A year since Steve Rogers, Captain America, had been murdered by Tony Stark.

A month since James "Bucky" Barnes came out of cryo all alone.

A month since Bucky had begun using the Soldier's strategic planning and strong stomach for a new mission.

Stark,

Your father was one of the greatest me I knew, and his death still haunts me to this day. But I didn't kill him. Guns don't get to choose who they're used on. I wasn't a monster. I wasn't running away from my actions, I was running to peace. I was running with Steve. I would have left you alone.

But you went too far.

You killed the person I love the most. It only took you one blast to dig your own grave.

You called me a monster, and I'm not going to hold back.

Send whoever you want, they will never find me.

I will become the monster you thought I was.

-Barnes

Bucky signed his name with a flourish and whipped out his gun. Stark wasn't here- unfortunately- but Bucky could get to him at any moment. All he needed right now was for the message to get across.

All he left behind was a note and a bullet hole in an Iron Man helmet.

I'm thinking of making part twos for all of the oneshots in this book, so comment what you think of that idea. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((: