Chapter 82

Spring arrived and it finally became time for Shawn to go on tour. We'd been able to coordinate my schedule so that we wouldn't go more than three weeks without seeing each other. He was starting in South America and Mexico. After that he had a week at home before going to Asia and Oceania. Then he went to Europe, where I'd be joining him for five days. He'd be in Toronto for a week before starting the North American leg of the tour, which was the biggest. I was joining him for several quick visits during this final leg.

So while it was wonderful that I would never have to go too long with out him, I knew I'd miss him horribly. I was very thankful that I had my bistro to keep me busy. I figured I'd spend more hours there so that I'd have fewer alone in the condo.

Two days before Shawn left, his parents threw him a small party in their home. It was very fun, and I loved listening to him talk with all his loved ones about his enthusiasm for touring. Knowing that his absence was to do something he loved made it easier to take.

The day before he left, I took off from work so that we could spend every moment together. I helped him pack during the morning and listened for the hundredth time as he promised he'd call and text me so often that I'd want him to back off.

I let Shawn pick his last dinner and was surprised he didn't pick his favorites. Instead he asked me to cook the same thing I made on my first day working for him. This meant we were having a cucumber salad in a rice wine vinaigrette, shrimp ramen, with gelato and cookies for dessert. I vividly remembered what I'd made, but I was surprised he recalled it.

Shawn helped me cook, though he made the process take much longer than necessary because he kept kissing me. I know he would have fucked me right there in the counter next to the deveined shrimp if we weren't both already spent and sore from nonstop sex over the last few days. There were several occasions when we didn't think we could do it again and then one of us would mention how long it would be before we were together again and the next thing we knew, we were naked and going at it.

We sat across from each other as we ate dinner. Both of us were uncharacteristically quiet.

"This is really hard," Shawn said. "Harder than I thought it would be."

I reached across the table for his hand. "It is hard, and we're going to miss each other, but we'll both be fine."

"I can't wait for you to come to Europe. Aside from my performances, it can be the honeymoon we never took."

"You do owe me a honeymoon," I said with a smile. "I'll have to bring some sexy lingerie so that we can recreate what it felt like to be newlyweds."

His eyes grew dark. "I'm down for that."

We finished eating and did the dishes together. The poor kitchen wouldn't get much use while Shawn was away, since I'd go back to eating my meals at work or bringing them home.

After that we curled up on the couch with drinks as we listened to some music Shawn wanted me to hear. He was always up on new artists and liked sharing music he'd fallen in love with. His flight was leaving before sunrise, so as the clock ticked past midnight, I knew he needed to get to bed.

"We should go to sleep," I suggested.

"Hm, not quite yet. We haven't had dessert."

The way he said it, you'd have thought we had a big cake sitting on the counter.

"I'm not hungry," I said.

"No? Well I am. I'm very hungry."

And with those words he grabbed me and carried me to the kitchen.