Yoongi is a good friend.

"I shouldn't drink on the job," Yoongi reminds him when he sits on the bed and Namjoon extends the bottle out to him.

Namjoon isn't having that for an answer. He pours his friend a glass, all but shoves it in his face. "Drink it," he says firmly, "it's an order."

Yoongi sighs and takes it into his hands. Namjoon is staring at him and Yoongi just does what he says and one shots it down.

Before he's even finish, Namjoon is already pouring him another glass. "You know," he begins, "heartache seems to be a common thing with me. Remember when I wanted to marry you and you said no?"

"You were like ten, Namjoon."

"I was twelve, actually," Namjoon corrects him. "Still hurt. You were my gay awakening and you just flat out said no. You were Kook's too. And Geong-min also liked you when she was like eight." He frowns. "You're mean for not picking me though."

"There was too much pressure involved with marrying you," Yoongi says honestly, taking in another shot. The bottle was almost empty by now. "I didn't want to be king. Not my thing,"

Perhaps it wasn't the best thing he should say in this moment. No. It really wasn't the best thing to say right now considering the situation. But one thing that Namjoon could count on when it came to Yoongi was how direct he was. He never lied to him, never sugar coated anything. And that had always been a huge relief given all the people to lived just to suck up to him.

"Yeah, I get it," Namjoon laughs. It's awkward. "I don't even want to be king."

The bottle is empty now. Namjoon throws it aside and just throws himself on his back onto the bed. They just stay there in silence for a bit, it isn't uncomfortable. Yoongi's presence had always soothed Namjoon even back when they were kids.

"I'm scared," Namjoon finally says out loud.

Yoongi turns his head. They hold each other's gaze like they're silently speaking to each other through their eyes. Still, Namjoon has a need to just pour everything out.

"I don't care about many things in this world, Hyung," he admits. "I wasn't chosen as King because I'm qualified for it, I was chosen because my father was king and his father before him was king and his father before him was too."

"I'm twenty one fucking years old, Hyung. Does nobody understand that? I feel like I'm still a kid but everyone wants me to adult so fast and I don't remember even enjoying any of my childhood because I spent my whole life studying and working to receive the praise of others."

 "And now, I find a person who makes me really happy, who treated me as something other than a man with a great title and wealth and he's taken from me because of the title I hold. And people are just expecting me to deal with it and pick someone else?"

A hand slips into his. It's large and cold. Yoongi's hands are always cold. But this was something he was used to. When Yoongi had nothing to say he would just hold Namjoon's hand. 

And surprisingly enough, it managed to soothe him.

"I think," Yoongi says suddenly, "that you're wrong about something."

Joon lifts his head to look at him.

"You said you found a person that makes you happy. And I was happy for you when you did," he continues. "But Joon-ah, you could've just chosen Kim Seokjin from the start and married him, but you didn't because everyone told you that that wasn't right. That you needed to get to know everyone else first."

They said that the public would think him to be shallow, only to be after a pretty face. They told him that he needed to keep his eyes opened and literally sat down with him to show him the reasons why other candidates such as Jackson Wang or Park Chanyeol were better.