•32•

Despite his better judgement, Yoongi did see the performance. He kept assuring himself, or convincing himself, that it wasn't because of the performers. 

Nope. Definitely not because of Jung Hoseok or Park Jimin.

Yoongi doesn't really have the tendency to pay attention to other people. Well it was more like he didn't engage with many people, to be exact. The less people he had to deal with, the less problems he had to deal with.

He already had enough problems to deal with being friends with the king of South Korea and the whole royal family. The last thing he needed was to add more people to his list of acquaintances. 

He had been doing rather well really. Till Jung Hoseok had to just knock on his office that day to report the assault on him and Jimin. Then Jung Hoseok just had to go and lost and injured during that attack on the palace. 

And today he just had to go and wear those fucking tight leather pants.

So now, here he was, standing right next to Joon and Jungkook eyeing one of the monitors closest to the stage.

The MC starts off the show. The cameras zoom in to the stage. The lights turn on and there's Jung Hoseok on the stage.

Yoongi's mouth drops. He had no words to describe the man on stage. He found himself captivated, eyes locked on every movement the dancer was making on stage. He even involuntarily gulped every time Hoseok flexed his legs.

This was Jung Hoseok? That man on stage so confidently moving his body with such skill was the same Jung Hoseok that wore that ridiculous heart shaped goofy grin and made strange sound effects when he was happy?

"Impressive," Joon says when Hoseok's leg goes up in the air. The comment brings Yoongi temporarily back to reality. Yoongi had been so fixated on Hoseok that he didn't even notice when  Park Jimin's solo went by, both dancers now moving in total sync but Hoseok still grabbing his attention.

Get a hold of yourself, Yoongi.

Right. Hoseok was a candidate. One of the many that could end up marrying Namjoon. The general had no doubt that after that performance Hoseok would be getting countless attention from the grand public, maybe even become a favorite. 

Meaning that as long as he was in the competition he was property of Namjoon. Yoongi couldn't lay a finger on him without it being called treason and-

"Shit," the general growls when Hoseok started body rolling, luckily it was low enough that neither Namjoon or Jungkook seemed to hear it. 

Yeah, no. He was done watching. He needed to calm down.

"Hyung are you okay?" Jungkook asks as he begins to walk off. 

"Yeah," he manages to say in a rather ragged voice, "just need to cool off a bit." Jungkook nodded, probably assuming that Yoongi was nervous because of the performance. The general wouldn't even attempt to clarify. He simply walked away till he found the nearest sink and splashed his face with some water.

The cool feel of the water against his skin helped him regain some of his dignity. A staff member handed him a towel, he thanked them and dried his face with it, trying his bed not to recall the image of Jung Hoseok up there moving his body in ways that just had to be illegal.

Was that even allowed on national television? Shouldn't stuff like that be censored or something? For pete's sake there were probably children watching this!

After a few minutes he finally managed to calm down. He takes the towel with him, because holy fuck its hot backstage and grabs a plastic water bottle from one of the coolers.