•55•

Suddenly, there's a gun to Seokjin's head. His eyes dart to the holder of it, Ex-general Han looks ready to blow his brains out.

Jaehwan reaches for the gun and grabs it by the barrel, pushing it away from Seokjin. "What do you think you're doing?" he hisses, looking at the old men dead in the eyes.

"He's an intruder. And a spy nonetheless. We must dispose of him immediately."

The pain at the back of Seokjin's head has returned. Honestly, what was it with everyone trying to kill him?

"No," Jaehwan says firmly, reaching down to lift Seokjin from where he laid in someone's arms. "No one is allowed to touch him." He glares at the Ex-general. "Understand?"

There's no reply, Jaehwan grabs Seokjin by the arm and swings that arm over his shoulder. Seokjin doesn't have the strength in him to protest. A part of him is still shocked. Jaehwan was a rebel. Jaehwan, who said he had absolutely no desire to marry the king, had lied to him.

A hand goes to his waist. It takes him a few seconds to realize that he was walking, Jaehwan supporting him and guiding him away from the group of rebels. Seokjin shuts his eyes as a sting erupts throughout his back.

"In here," Yeonjun's voice says. Next thing Seokjin knows, he's being laid down on something soft. He opens his eyes, he's back in the boys' room.

"Get me some bandages, alcohol, and pain killers," Jaehwan tell Yeonjun. "Also a clean rag and a bucket of water."

Yeonjun runs out. Ex-general Han peeks his head inside. 

"Lee Jaehwan-ssi, you shouldn't—"

Jaehwan slams the door in his face.

The room becomes silent upon the slam of the door, minus Seokjin's harsh breathing. He wants to say something, has so many questions he wants to ask but he can't bring himself to do it.

Jaehwan beats him to it. "Fuck, Jinnie." He's anxiously running his fingers through his hair, walking towards him from across the room. "Fuck. What are you doing here?"

"I could ask the same thing," Seokjin manages to say. God, his back was killing him. "You were the last person I would've expect to be here."

"I can explain," Jaehwan says, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "Really, I can. Just..." he purses his lips together, "just not right now."

"Why not?"

"I don't have a lot of time right now. You're also hurt pretty badly. I'd rather talk when both of us are in the proper condition to."

Bullshit. Seokjin wants to call bullshit, but he bites his tongue. Jaehwan has been lying to him since the beginning. Lying to his face. Donghyuk he could care less about, they never got along with each other anyway. But having someone be his friend since the start of the competition and finding out that their friendship might have another purpose, that hurt. Seokjin had probably been used without knowing.

A part of him is telling him that he's being ridiculous. Jaehwan said he'll talk and of course Seokjin will listen. He has enough time to listen if he manages to stay alive here. Depending on what the other says, Seokjin might even forgive him. 

But right now, all he can think about is the bombing, the people injured that night, the soldier that was shot on stage, and how Jaehwan probably also had something to do with it.

The door clicks open. Yeonjun is back with the stuff. Behind him, HueningKai is carrying the bucket of water.

First thing Jaehwan does is reach for a container of pills and a glass of water containing a straw. He brings both to Seokjin's lips. Seokjin glances at the label on the container before taking the pills into his mouth and swallowing it down with the water. Jaehwan hands the empty glass back to the kids then turns and looks down Seokjin.