Chapter 24-Some Advice

--One Moon After Chapter 21-

The training of the second Valleyclan, or Holeclan as they called themselves so it was not confusing, was going well. They had lost many warrior skills down the generations and could have been rightfully called a band of rogues in terms if their fighting knowledge and discipline. But now Ravenheart was here, and they were rapidly improving.

A schedule had been set, so that each day some cats trained each day and the other hunted. Ravenheart had started with the basics, treating them as apprentices. Quickly all of the cats had improved. Training a single apprentice took moons, but with a dedicated group of them, it was much quicker. He had cut some corners to speed up the process, but overall it was the same process. Just another moon and they would all be ready

But it had also meant that they had to train Ravenheart how to hunt on the moorland and in the tunnels. Rockstar was the one who taught him. Ravenheart stood before the open cold season sky, with Rockstar at his side, on the windy hills grass. The cold season should be gone by now. It should have ended a moon ago. Hopefully it ends soon, otherwise there will be famine. It times past once the unusual spell lifted, life suddenly jump started in just a few quarter-moons. It seems that unusual times call for unusual weather.

Ravenheart took a sniff in the air for rabbit. Soon he found one, followed it, and spotted its brown pelt against the brown and green surface that was downhill. He and Rockstar lie low, lest Rockstar's black coat alert the rabbit. Ravenheart's golden brown fur really only worked when the  grass was tall and vibrant. At least there is no more snow, and the prey have reverted back to their pre-cold colors.

"I'll take the left, and you take the right." Rockstar said, his blue eyes connecting With Ravenheart's amber eyes. Then they both carefully positioned themselves, taking their agreed upon sides on the adjacent hills to the one they had been on. The rabbit then smelt their presence due to a wind, and sprang off.

Ravenheart's lungs hurt from the sudden onslaught of cold air, but he pressed onward to intercept the rabbit. He still wasn't quite sure to running like this. Rockstar steered the rabbit to Ravenheart, who acted in a way in such that the rabbit might think that there was still hope for it in front of it.

As they thought, the rabbit veered to in front of where Ravenheart was. He put in more energy to his legs to catch up with the rabbit. He closed in, more and more. Rockstar did so as well. Ravenheart leapt onto the rabbit as Rockstar made a fake swipe of his paw to distract the prey. In an instant, it's flesh was in his jaws as he tumbled to the ground. As he stood up, Ravenheart saw a gaze of approval from Rockstar.

"Well done Ravenheart!" Rockstar congratulated. "Your first rabbit catch! I took you some time!"

"Thanks!" Ravenheart said in appreciation. I need to ask him something else while we are alone, away from prying ears.

"Do you think that Starktail knows of my training of the clan?" Ravenheart asked.

Rockstar's face then went stone cold. "I fear as much, Ravenheart. I believe that she is merely letting us do this, so that we eventually fall into one of her traps."

"Perhaps she has a spy amongst us?" suggested Ravenheart.

"I heavily doubt it, but turn again I could be wrong. But whatever we do, we must do what is right. Our ancestors want Valleyclan back in one piece no matter what. We must do this. This is what has been told to us be Moon."

Ravenheart agreed. If he knew she was actually Brightwing and he knew her story, his faith would be broken. "Starktail knows that we will do as she plans, and she knows that we know. But we hope we will find a way to outwit her at the same time and she knows this as well. This is the way things are. And who knows what she will throw at us next."

"Indeed. We shall try, and either fail or win." Rockstar agreed. "May I advise you in any other problems that you may have? It is fine if you need to take a moment."

Ravenheart had a couple. "Well firstly, we have a known traitor in Valleyclan. Her name is Sunpaw, and she is the Mender Learner. What should we do about her?"

"Find some way to get her exiled, so she goes back running to Starktail. It shouldn't be too hard." Rockstar adviced.

Ravenheart nodded. This next question is going to be embarrassing for me, but I have to ask some experienced, older toke for advice. Taking his time, he posed a question to Rockstar. "Also, what.....what should you do if you find yourself in love with a she-cat, and she doesn't know it?"

Rockstar's eyes had a glint of amusement in them. "Why, find an event that will bring you together, an event in which it will easy to confess your love!"

"Thanks, " Ravenheart quickly muttered, "But, erm, shall we discuss which clans will fight with who?" Rockstar gave a short  snort of amusement as he nodded his head.

"Now, I do think that Sagepaw will be able to convince Blazeclan to fight with us, for they are Marshclan friends. Marshclan is ready to fight when the time comes, but that hope is dwindling. I will need to make my father give me the role of Chief, for when I am Chief, and I will be the one to know Starktail best, so therefore I can make the best decisions against her."

"Ah yes, but you are very young, lacking wisdom, and have not taken in a Leaner yet." argued Rockstar.

"Yes, but I am pretty sure that training an entire clan will more than make up for that!" Ravenheart mewed.

"Yes, it will." agreed Rockstar. "But what about Brookclan?"

"Ah, they are a mystery to me." Ravenheart told Rockstar. "They are a very reclusive clan. Very little is known of their dealings. They have historically been allies of Lakeclan though. I can go and try to talk to them. Success of winning of them is very low though."

"And it does not help that there seems to be no solid basis on why Starktail does what she does." Rockstar said.

Ravenheart poured out his thoughts on Starktail."She is a very creepy cat. Intelligent, insane, mysterious. There seem to be some motivations, but it all is very vague. There has to be more to her. This plan of hers seems much too complicated, and it seems too fishy on now she manages everything."

"I'm sure that we shall find out someday. But that is enough talk for now. The prey is getting cold. Let's go, shall we?" Rockstar inquired.

Ravenheart gripped the rabbit between his teeth, and off they went back to the Holeclan camp. I shall soon find out your dark, dark secrets Starktail. I shall soon.