Chapter 21-A New Hope

-A Quarter-Moon After Chapter 19-

The snow fell all around him, fast and heavy, falling out of the cloudy, sun-high sky. It was covering the world around Ravenheart very quickly. The treeless grassland was a land where no grass could be seen to the horizon. The crazy wind pierced his amber eyes with sharp pieces of snow and ice. He could barely see as your struggled to keep going forward. I must find shelter soon, or I shall be buried under the whiteness! Brightwing told me that he’ll for our clans lie south of Marshclan. I must do this so that Darktail can be stopped. It pains me to be so far from, home, but I do this for my home.

Ravenheart summited the next hill that was before him. Then he spotted a tunnel entrance down the slope of the hill. It was barely visible against the eyesore of the barren white land. Quickly to it his paws went, but carefully as to now slip on any ice to get injured. Soon enough he was gazing into the entrance, seeing its warm and dark welcome. There was several pathways that led off from the entrance. But he sniffed the air first just in case. His worked payed off. Another cat was here, for the smell was too fresh.

“Who is there?” Ravenheart called out. “I know that someone is there. I need shelter for the day and the night. I will leave then.”

A large, brown tom with dark yellow eyes stepped out of one of the side passage ways. His eyes showed that he meant harm. Ravenheart instantly took out his claws and took up a fighting stance. Then he heard claws slide out behind up. He slightly moved his head to see who was behind him. It was a white she-cat with menacing green eyes.

“Make one move and you are dead in an instant.” the brown tom warned. “We have been waiting for you. My name is Tunnel and she is Hare. Follow me.”

Ravenheart put his claws away and followed Tunnel, with Snow following on his rear, both of their claws still out. Since Ravenheart had trained in tunnels before, he could sense his way before with ease. They passages became darker and darker and more winding as they went on for time unknown, with only the echoes of their paw steps and dripping water reaching Ravenheart’s ears. He still kept himself

The smell of a dozen cats hit him all at once as dim light filtered into the tunnel from far ahead. When they emerged into the light a last, a grand scene presented itself to Ravenheart. Before him stood a full camp in a bowl deep in the ground, with an open ceiling. The walls on the bottom were almost stone solid, it looked, and the walls encircling it were two tree lengths high. The blizzard was still roaring, and it was snowy in here as well. Staring at him a down cats off various grays, blacks, browns, and white of fur, and green blue, and brown eyes.

A black tom with blue eyes stood at the front of the group. He spoke. “We are sorry for the hostility, but we had to make sure that it was that it was really was you first with our eyes, Ravenheart. Welcome to the second Valleyclan. You may call me Rockstar.”

Tunnel and Hare tucked away their claws and joined the crowd. Ravenheart went down before Rockstar and dipped his head in a respectful manner. “Hello there, Rockheart.” Ravenheart respectfully said. “I have many questions as you already know. Is it possible for me and you to go discuss somewhere in a private manner?”

“Of course!” Rockstar deeply replied. “Come, follow me. Tunnel, grab us some prey please.” Rockstar lead Ravenheart to his a dim, cold den of dirt that was one of many that could be seen along the base of the camp, but they entrances were all covered in bramble.

Once they had shared half a rabbit, which had warmed Ravenheart up, Rockstar spoke. “Let me explain this in a quick manner. We are a separated clan born from Valleylclan. Long ago, the leader Brownstar implemented the evil worth system that still plagues Valleyclan to this day. A few of us tried spoke against it, but by then Valleyclan had grown too prideful and selfish. But we managed to get half the clan to leave, and here we have come to stay. The others and I are descendants of those brave warriors who decided to brave the wilderness of this country. We have held a dwindling hope for generations that Valleylclan would be fixed. Now we have received that sign form one who calls herself Moon, who told us that you would soon come, Ravenheart. And now here you are."

Brightwing has quite outdone herself this time! This is the most grandest of solutions! “That is a most intriguing story.” Ravenheart commented. “ To see the remains of a long lost story to the clan. But just so you know, I am of Marshclan, not Valleylclan.”

“We know. Moon has informed me of everything that I need to know about you and Sagepaw. All she said was where you are from, your names, and some of her plan. Nothing more. And before you stay here for too long, you should know that it was my sister who you killed.”

Ravenheart’s head exploded into a frantic rush to defend himself. “I’m so sorry!” he suddenly cried out. “I never meant to kill her! Please forgive me! I can ex-“

“Calm down there, Ravenheart!” ordered a now very series Rockstar. Ravenheart obliged. “You did not know. It is not your fault. You are forgiven. Starktail found us not too long ago. She took my sister away! We are ready to retaliate against her when I deem us ready. But we need you to train us all. We are united as one. We are ready to suffer for Sagepaw to change our clan, because killing is wrong almost no matter what. We will march when Moon tells us that we are ready. We have plenty of time to train with you, for you do have two years.”

Ravenheart found joy in that. I shall lead the new Valleylclan to the old one. I shall lead them into battle against Lakeclan. I have always wanted the taste of command, and here I shall have it! This will only prove to my father that I am a very capable leader!

“Let’s finish eating before we began, shall we?” Ravemheart suggested enthusiastically. Rockstar nodded and they both dug in once more. Soon Sagepaw, we shall meet again. We can meet in real life for once instead of dreams. It would be nice to see her in the real world for once. His pelt went got with that thought.