Chapter 5-Follow The Prophecy

-Same Day As Chapter 4-

Sunkit opened here eyes to a forest filled with a morning light. Birds chirped but were not seen. The sun's rays glistened off of her yellow, dew covered fur. The grass was covered in dew as well. This is weird. I just fell asleep mere heartbeats ago. What is this place? How did I get here? I might well go exploring! Sunkit got up and turned around, but then froze in place. Sitting in front of her, looking at here was starry cat.

The she-cat had ice blue eyes and black, white-marked fur that was smooth. She was glowing and slightly transparent. Then she spoke in a pleasant, soothing voice.

"Do not be afraid, Sunkit. Welcome to The-Realm-Of-Enternal-Peace, where all who are good go when they die. I am an ancestor of Valleylclan, the clan in which you reside. Call me Bird. I will someday tell you my real name."

Sunkit was astonished. "But why are you speaking to me? It is Sagekit who is meant to be the medicine cat. And why not Birchleaf?"

"Frankly, I am too lazy for them to go to sleep or do an omen or a vision or whatever, " answered Bird, "Omens and visions require some serious mental concentration and imagination. And you are special. But why is for another day. I'm just here to tell you a real vague prophecy."

"But what about the leader," asked Sunkit, "Or why not some important older warrior? I feel very honored here but I'm just a kit."

"Look Sunkit," sighed Bird, "We do our best to guide you clans without interfering with desinty. We do what we think is best for the survival of you living cats. We have to let things play out and nudge things here and there. And we have our own reasons why that we will tell you later, so don't pester us about it. As per cliche, all will be told in time. So we have our own reasons here for telling you this. Now do you understand?"

" Thay makes sense. I understand now. I am very patient," Sunkit bragged, "and good at figuring things out. But can I ask a few questions to get some advice first Bird?".

Bird looked at Sunkit in a loving manner. "Go ahead. I am here for you. That is what we spirits here do. We are here to help you. How may I assist you?"

Sunkit nervously let out a deep breath. "Well, I know that me and Sagekit are like sisters and all, so this is weird, but I feel a sort of connection to her. What is this feeling? I'm not very keen on telling anybody in the clan."

"Oh ho ho my dear," chuckled Bird. "Well you aren't really sisters , you are friends. Just very close ones. You just play the part. So that problem is out of the way. As to what that feeling is, let it grow more and explore it more. Don't ask anyone. You will find the answer on your own someday. Let it be a journey of self-discovery."

"Well that is fine. It will be fun to learn something on my own. And another question, what should me and Sagekit do about the way Valleyclan is?" Sagekit wanted to help her clan, but did not know how. It was best to ask one had experienced more than her. 

Bird suddenly growled. "They are despicable, those who shun the so-called lesser like you. It is not so extreme exactly, but nether the less it a great evil that must be stopped for the sake of the clan and the lives of many. I myself was mistreated. Although I did use to think to extremely of it. But alas I have learned to see what the truth truely is. But it is still an evil that need to be eradicated. Alas I do not know how to solve it."

"That's sad. What did they do to you?" Sunkit inquired.

"I'd rather not talk about it. It's too personal," said Bird with a hint of anger, "Let's get to that prophecy, shall we?"

"That's fine. We can talk about it when you are ready to. And yes let's get to that prophecy." Sunkit requested to Bird.

Bird's eye suddenly grew brighter and wider as she spoke. "Darkness blooms, but do not stop it, let it grow. For within grow seeds of light that shall soon blossom. Then lightness shall bloom, born from darkness." Then her eyes returned to normal.

"That really is vague." commented Sunkit.

"Tell me about it," said Bird, " But I am just delivering this for the others in here. Now go and wake up and tell Birchleaf and Birchstar. Funny naming there I must say. Have a good night's sleep tonight!"

"Thank you Bird for your help. I will deliver the message!" Sunkit promised.

Her vision went dark and then Sunkit awoke, still on the sunning spot from ealier. That was more than I bargained for , for just taking a quick nap! She got up to go to the Healing Den, seeing that Sagekit was off playing with her sibling Snowkit. The air was cooler as evening was now approaching.

Sagekit reached and entered the Healing Den and saw that Birchleaf was sorting out herbs."Hey Birchleaf, I know that you said takes a break for today, but I have something that I need to tell you."

Birchleaf respondend in a series tone. "Yes I did tell you that. What is it that you need?"

"You might not believe me, but for some reason I was delivered s prophecy and was told to tell you and Birchstar. Her name was Bird."

"Very likely Sunkit. If this a prank I will kick you out of training for a week. So, tell what this so called prophecy is," demanded Birchleaf

"Well," went a Sunkit, "Bird said this, 'Darkness blooms, but do not stop it, let it grow. For within grow seeds of light that shall soon blossom. Then lightness shall bloom, born from darkness." That's all,"

Birchleaf was in shock. "That is too much for evens kit to come with. This must be true. Come with me. We must go talk to Birchstar right now!" Birchleaf flicked her tail to tell Sunkit to follow her.

This is great! I'll get to meet the leader in a personal meeting! This is so exciting! Although I won't tell them about what I asked Bird. That's personal stuff. But everything else is fair  game. It will really help me and Sagekit to know a clan ancestor has has suffered the ills of our clans. We will gain more insight into the problem and give us more ability to solve it.