Hex Part 2

The End....

Y'all deserve an award for being so patient with me...

Have fun bumblebees!

Two and a half months in, Sam gained weight fast and soon had an undeniable bump. He wasn't allowed to go on hunts anymore and hardly left the bunker per Dean and the angels. The younger hunter couldn't take being locked up all day in the library with his nose buried in a book and the child within him kicking, wriggling, and begging to come into the world. With the limited room he had in the bunker and the limited room the fledgling had, he was on his last straw.

"One hunt, I'll stay in the motel room, do the research, whatever you want me to do, I'll do it." Sam said, practically begging for somewhere to go besides the library and his bedroom. He needed to get out before the baby comes and things aren't looking too good in his favor.

"Sammy, You're due any day now, it'd be too big of a risk and I don't know enough to deliver a baby in a motel room." Dean pointed out, packing another stack of clothes as Sam struggled to sit up on the eldest Winchester's bed.

"But what if I go into labor while all of you are gone?" Sam said. Dean stopped packing and looked to his brother with pursed lips. He did have a good point, knowing that everyone in the bunker will be gone on this hunt. A vampire nest of this magnitude needed all of the man (and angel) power they could get.

"You can't go with us. But the location is only an hours' drive from the bunker, call Gabe or me or even Cas and one of us will be here in an angel's flash." Dean said, sitting down on the bed next to his brother and Sam gave a side smile.

"You promise?" Sam asked, saying the words that brought the older Winchester back to their childhood promises of they'll always be okay. No matter how many nights they spent alone while John was away on a hunt, Dean was there to raise and care for Sam when they were just kids. Dean was always there to care for Sam and always will be.

The older brother pursed his lips into a smile as he held out his pinky. "I promise."

Sam took his brothers' pinky with his own and shook on it. Nobody is ever too old for a pinky promise. Dean chuckled before getting back up to finish packing an overnight bag for the hunt.

"It's a boy ya know." Dean said, folding a shirt to stuff in the corner of his duffel bag. Sam smiled, that proud motherly smile when they realize they have the honour of carrying something precious around, hands stretched over his large belly as the child protested the guess by their uncle.

"I think it's a girl. Imagine that: the amount of protection she'll have from her dads and uncles." Sam said.

"For the first couple of months at least. Keep in mind she's a nephilim, she'll be able to scare off any angel, demon, or creature that crosses her path." Dean said, scaring Sam to swallowing his motherly pride. Dean was right, the child was a product of an angel and a human; carried by a human. Such a small and fragile creature that will depend on Sam and Gabe just as much as any other child will. Feeding, changing diapers, bathing, cuddling, loving, it'll all have to be done when they get here. But Sam was ready and has never been more excited to become a parent. Getting to experience life growing within him, despite it being a curse, was a one in a million chance and Sam was happy. Truly happy. He had a family with Gabe, Dean, and Cas.

"We'll teach 'em. From right and wrong, from good and bad, how to hold and gun, how to throw a knife, cook a burger or toss a salad. How to be a Winchester." Sam said, his large hand rubbing over the stretched material of his shirt. Dean smirked. He hated to watch his baby brother grow up, having a life of his own and taking care of the life he created. They see each other every day, live together, and will most likely care for the baby as will the angels.