Very Few Words (Destiel)

Pain.

No words could describe the physical pain Dean went through. Let alone the emotional and mental pain. Nothing felt this empty before for the hunter.

Three months along and he lost him. Dean Winchester lost his unborn child. There was so much blood.

Thinking it was just cramps, his body getting ready for the baby, Dean shrugged it off as being a normal pregnancy like all research says. Cramps that were once just mildly annoying turned to unbearable, leaving him in a curled form on the floor of the bathroom. He covered his mouth with his hand, stopping himself from screaming in agony for his brother and his husband to hear throughout the bunker.

Blood covered the bathroom floor, his clothes, and his hands. The blood that was once for his baby now coated his own two hands.

"C-Cas! Cas help! I-I need h-help!" Dean yelled, most of his voice being cut off from the strain to control the excruciating pain.

The angel rushed in, seeing his husband practically covered in blood, reminding him of a horror movie as it truly was a gorish sight.

"I can't get up. I can't-I can't. Cas, help me." Dean had tears slipping down his cheeks, reaching out with a bloodied hand for his angel, Cas knelt down by the hunter and propped him up against the wall, looking for any sign of life for their baby.

With worried eyes, Dean looked to his angel for a response. Cas furrowed his brow, shaking his head with a grim pursed lip frown. "I can't find anything. He's gone."

Dean let the tears fall, pressing his fist to his lips and looking away. He couldn't bear to look at his husband. Not now. Not at this time when he was so vulnerable and physically beaten. Cas reached out to the hunter, Dean pulling his hand away at the last second. He wanted to be left alone, he didn't want to be touched or bothered or even entertain the thought of being touched or bothered. Dean felt empty.

"Please, let me help you." Cas whispered. Holding out his hand only to replace it with his arms wrapping around his hunter and holding him tight. Dean didn't hug back, he just wanted to be held for awhile. Despite being covered in blood from the waist down and all over the floor, he shut out the world except for him and his angel. "It's going to be alright, Dean. It's going to be alright, we'll be okay." Cas replied, tears now streaming down his own face.

An hour or so has passed before Dean agreed to get up and take a warm shower with Cas as his support. The water was relaxing to him, the heat from it running down his spine and over his whole body. Cas ran his damp washcloth down his whole body, everything below the waist as well as he handled that with care.

Burying their son was harder than he thought it to be. He thought it would be digging a hole and dropping it in, like how they did it on hunt's with other people's bodies. But seeing it was his own baby, his own flesh and blood, he could barely lift the shovel to dig.

"Dean? Can I help you with that?" Sam found his brother out back in the field of the bunker, struggling to pull up earth with the shovel. "No! No, I can do this Sammy! I have to-I have to do this!" Dean retorted, stepping down on the shovel to bring up some dirt but falling straight on his lower back and bursting into tears once again. He felt defeated. Dean always got back up after a fight, it's just who he was. But after this big of a blow to himself and his husband, he felt like throwing in the towel and waving the white flag.

"Dean!" Sam rushed his side, holding his brother in the middle of a grassy field behind the bunker. He could see his brother's thoughts were scattered and scratched out from his recent loss. It was a loss for all of them Sam thought. That no happy giggles would emanate throughout the bunker, no patter of little feet that brought a smile to their faces. Nothing. For once in a very long time, he felt Dean's pain. "Can I help you dig the hole at least?" Sam asked. The older hunter nodded, having his brother help him up and handing him the shovel.