A New Heir (Thorki Mpreg)

Asgard laid silent for the night. The stars above shined brighter than ever before with the impending arrival to the heir of the throne. The God of Thunder spent his nights now sitting outside in the palace gardens, watching over his kingdom like the god he was. Or soon to be kingdom, his crowning ceremony set to take place mid-afternoon tomorrow.

The God of Thunder preferred his solitude most nights but tonight he deserved it.

After the death of his father, he was naturally next in line for the throne but he never thought this day, his coronation, would come. Bred, taught, and raised to be king, he was always ready when the time came to step up and take the throne. Now the day is here and he couldn't be more nervous. He hadn't realized how nervous he was until he was his knuckles turning white just by hanging onto the railing and seeing his hands shake when pulled away and taking a breath.

A breath.

That's all he needed was a breath and he could barely catch it. Thor grabbed the railing again and looked to the stars again. The skies calmed him.

Thor awoke the next morning alone in his chambers. He never woke up alone but today he did and he didn't mind. He wanted to ready himself without the aid of anyone else besides the chambermaids. He's made it clear before how he wanted to spend the time before coronation alone with his thoughts. He won't have much time to be alone with his thoughts soon so he chose to have his time while he had it for the short amount.

Coronation brought many changes, including a new suit of armor for the God of Thunder.

The red cape became electric, bright blue with black colored armor, drawing inspiration from the old Norse generations. A thick yet flexible chest plate with shoulder plates with cracks of lightning shattering across the entire thing; the color of the cape matching the color of the lightning.

Thor no longer saw himself as a prince and a shame to his kingdom, he knew he was born to become king; he wasn't a shame to his people.

"Your majesty, it is time." A royal guard announced after entering the room and bowing his head, waiting for the king-to-be to arrive in the throne room.

Thor sighed audibly before looking one last time in the mirror and taking after the guard as they waited just outside the throne room. The God of Thunder peered inside from behind the royal guards.

Sif and The Warriors Three were in attendance, two standing on either side as they talked amongst themselves and dressed in their best.

People of the court and some lucky general public were sitting in rows on either side of the room, the noise of chattering and light-hearted talks came to a slow and steady halt as soon as the coronation began. Thor has never felt more ready for anything in his life.

It was as if a weight of unexplainable uncertainty was lifted away from his shoulders and fell at the foot of the throne. It waited for Thor to arrive but it never fully got there. The weight diminished the closer he got. By the time the long walk ended at the throne, everything he doubted and everything he thought of a burden, including his family, disappeared once he was granted the kingdom that became his. The kingdom that once was his home was now his to watch, lead, and keep safe.

The helmet of the God of Thunder transformed from silver and winged ends to the black color of his armor with the electric blue color streaked down the middle of each wing to the chin. Sitting at the helm of his kingdom, a new wave of relief and happiness washed over him. A smile of smallest proportions played upon his lips.

Thor.

God of Thunder.

King of Asgard.

Everything felt settled and leaving a breath of fresh air in his lungs everytime he breathed.