The Fight

"Well why don't you just leave if you can't handle it!"

"I can't leave, remember?! I am your husband! Believe me, I would LOVE to just walk out that door and never come back!" John was practically screaming at Sherlock at this point, waving his ring finger around and showing his wedding band.

"Then just leave!" Sherlock screamed, pointing to the door and staring at the army doctor. John bunched up his fists but let one go as he slapped the detective across his high cheekbone.

Stunned by the action, Sherlock fumbled back to the couch and held his face in the palm of his hand and looking up to his rather pissed off husband.

As John came back to reality and seeing what he just did, he blinked in disbelief and staggered his breath.

He just struck his husband. The only man that could ever love him unconditionally and never ask for anything back and he just hit him.

"I...Sherlock....I-I am so sorry. I didn't mean-"

"No, no, you made yourself fairly clear. I see now that you don't want anything to do with me and all the hassle that comes with being married to me. I'm...I-I'm just going to step out for a bit." Getting up and smoothing out the creases in his suit, Sherlock quickly grabbed his jacket and scarf and left without another word spoken.

John felt weak in the knees and queasy in the stomach. More queasy than weak, he ran to the bathroom and vomited almost the entire contents of his stomach.

He should have never fought with Sherlock. He should have never argued about Sherlock's experiments being left out on the kitchen table as body parts began to rot and chemical stains littered the counters.

Now with the detective gone, and mostly likely staying at his brothers house, how was John going to tell Sherlock that he was pregnant?

It started with a bottle of Angelo's finest wine and quickly escalated to thigh rubbing and lingering kisses as they were still at dinner and soon they returned home to a cool bed and warm body against warm body.

John stood from up from the floor, flushing the toilet as he washed his mouth out with mouthwash and returned to the sitting room as he absentmindedly set his hand to his hardened lower belly. It felt like the fit muscles he used to have when he was young and dumb in the army.

But that wasn't the case. It wasn't just some tight muscles or a developing six-pack. It was a baby. Another human being growing within him.

And he couldn't do it without Sherlock.

He quickly dashed into their bedroom and grabbed his phone as he typed in Sherlock's number and texted him.

Please come home...I need you.
~JWH

Not a couple seconds later, Sherlock responded.

Why? You made it quite clear that you don't need me anymore. ~SWH

I do need you. I really need you Sherlock. It's kind of an emergency. Please, hurry home. ~JWH

A couple of minutes passed as Sherlock responded back.

Alright...I'm on my way. ~SWH

John breathed a deep sigh of relief as he sat back in his chair, keeping his hand to his lower stomach and smiling.

The army doctor must've fell asleep, feeling the detective gently shake him awake and a familiar pair of bright blue and grey eyes staring back.

"What was the emergency John?" Sherlock responded as he took off his coat and hung it up in its usual place and sat across from John in his chair.

John knew what Sherlock was doing; he was studying him. Inspecting every little different detail but it seemed the great and only consulting detective had nothing. John breathed a sigh of relief again.

The blogger smiled, getting up and moving across the space in between and straddling Sherlock's hips, which he seemed to enjoy very much as he started rubbing up and down John's jumper and eventually underneath.

"Sherlock?" John said, stopping Sherlock mid-stroke, and he smiled. He grabbed Sherlock hand, kissing the cool metal band that served as a bonding agent for their marriage.

"Remember that night at Angelo's? We went out to celebrate your birthday, just you and me?" Sherlock smiled at John and nodded his head. John smiled back and slowly but surely put the detective's large spindly hand to his lower belly as Sherlock was confused but then realized what it meant.

"Happy birthday, William." John said, tears in his eyes and voice cracking.

Sherlock wrapped his husband in his long arms and pulled him to his body, pulling back only to kiss John's quivering lips.

"I'm so sorry John. I never want to let anything come between us ever again."

"Well, one thing has." John retorted, looking down to his relatively flat belly and smiling as Sherlock did the same, pulling him down again for another kiss.

"I love you."

"I love you too."