Marlon glances at me whilst we walked side by side, firewood lodged over our shoulders. He sighs annoyingly,
"Louis, I get it- you don't want to spend time away from her. But can you at least talk?"
I click my tongue at his words. "Marlon. I don't feel like talking okay?" I dismiss him.

"I should be there with her right now.. not bodybuilding" My voice sneers.
"Jeez alright." Marlon replies, "I don't know why you're so obsessed over her though... I think you need a break from her y'know? You've been cooped up together for so long that you've forgotten to live properly"
This angered me.
"You love her way too much... it'll hurt you in the end and you know that." Marlon finishes his rant with a sense of pride.

"Shut up." I hiss. Any other words would've been yelled.
"Louis, I can tell you're only with her because you feel pity"
That was it!
"I said, shut the hell up! How could you even say those things? To your best friend!" I yell furiously. "You know what? You're probably only friends with me because YOU feel pity!" My voice practically screams. Echoing through the forest that we were about to exit.

"Louis.. you're not thinking straight-
"No! I AM. What about you?" I cut him off and dahs forwards so that I walked in front. But of course he catches up to spew more worthless nonsense. "Look! I'm trying to help you man!!" He explains desperately.
I shake my head vigorously, "if you were 'trying' to help me, then you wouldn't talk shit about the one I love." I end the conversation at that. If anything more escalated, my fist fist would surely be flying straight to Marlon's smug face.

And Marlon being smart for once, decided to keep quiet after that.

—-
Soonly enough; we reach the schools grand gate- I push in front to get through first.
My arms effortlessly chuck the logs of firewood somewhere elsewhere but my shoulders. I begin to storm off,
"Where are you going?" Marlon's stupid idiotic voice called out behind me. My fists tighten- "somewhere away from you." I growl, continuing my way.

As I ascend the cracked and aged cement stairs. I hear something that makes my blood run cold.. something that I never wanted to hear. A scream. Her scream....

As if it were second nature; I take no time to dash up the stairs with no stopping for anything.
And soon I was running up another set of stairs to get to the dorms. My footsteps echoed through the hall and plundered on the wooden flooring- I could hear pleads and cries from the room my darling is in. And without any thinking or knocking, I barge through the door and slid into the room.

And there right in front of me, were Clementine and You in hysterics.

"What is going on!" I demand, "what did you do to her!?" I scramble to the floor to my girlfriend's side. I wrap my arms around her protectively and pulled her shaking body close to mine- she was currently wearing my trenchcoat I let her have for the time being, it was way to big for her but she still looked cute. I noticed she was breathing heavily and holding her throat. "I... gave her a remedy that helps with sicknesses" Clementine speaks up with guilt lace in her tone.
"Are you kidding me!? Why did you do that! She was fine beforehand" I hiss up at the teen girl who shrunk at my words.

"I was only trying to help! I didn't know she would almost die!" Clementine excuses anger me more. "Where did you get this remedy?"
She fell silent.
I ask again, more loudly this time- insinuating that she HAD to answer. "From a friend.." she mumbles.
"And who was this person?" I follow up with yet another question.
"Y-you haven't met him yet.." she admits looking away.

'What!?'

"Are you crazy Clem!? Why would you think this was a good idea?" My voice growls.
"I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to harm anyone" Clementine fidgets with her fingers a little- a few minutes pass before she utters her last words, "I'll leave you two be... get well soon" and with that, she leaves wistfully. And I don't even stop her nor care about her presence being deleted from this very room.

The door clicks after shutting fully and I immediately turn my attention back to my poor darling in my arms. "Hey.. are you okay" I spoke sweetly. She takes bit to respond but soon she nods, "Yea. Much better.. I don't feel pain anymore" she sat up, escaping my hold and rubbed her once burning throat.
"I'm glad that's the case... how about we go to bed. It's getting dark outside anyway" I offer calmly, standing up and lifting you to the bed.
She smiles, "I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a quick nap"

We get comfortable under the covers and cuddle up together. At this point, I could care less about catching her flu. I just wanted to be with her.. forever.

I stroke her head that was nuzzles into my chest. "Babe?" She hums in response quite quickly as if she were waiting for me to say something to break the painful silence.
"I'm sorry you had to go through all that today... I should've been here" I whisper sweetly while giving her a quick kiss. "I'll make sure that from now on, you won't get hurt anymore. You'll be safe and I'll protect you" I assure her seriously. She giggles at my seriousness since I'm basically never serious in any situation. You cough a little but after a few seconds, everything started to clear up and start to actually feel better, "this remedy.. is actually working" you say with surprise and wonder. Louis showing the same exact reaction.

"You know... Clem didn't mean to hurt me. She was only trying to help. Please forgive her.. for me?" You plead.
I sigh and give her a reassuring squeeze, "Yea, of course. Clementine wouldn't do anything on purpose to harm someone. And I fully understand she meant well" I could practically feel her smirk radiating from her body once she heard my words. This made me giddy and wear a smile too-

"You're amazing Lou.." You yawn after whispering those sweet words.
"And you're the reason of that." I reply. Giving her another kiss and resting my chin on top of her head comfortably.
Is this is what heaven is like? Then I never want to leave. Full stop. ~