Part 8

Monday, September 25, 2017, 5:49 pm...

St. James Casiano had been waiting to smoke a spliff since boarding the plane an hour ago.   He preferred to drive but when Akoni insisted on paying for an hour and a half flight, he didn't question why.  He looked up to and admired his older cousin.  When Akoni's father died, from a car accident, Akoni supported his mother and siblings by selling cocaine. St. Jame's father had gotten caught up in the drug game.  Jose' Casiano killed a rival dealer and ended up with thirty years to life.  St. James, like Akoni, had to support his family.  He was grateful to Akoni for schooling him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 St. James and Akoni's mothers were sisters.  His father was Puerto Rican.  St. James was a mix of Latin fire and Jamaican flavor; he was laid back and family meant everything.  He grew up in the Bedford Park neighborhood, Northwest of the Bronx.  When others looked for a way out of the neighborhood, St. James found a way to make it in.  He hustled and elevated his status in the drug game.  Never been pinched or caught up.  He was smart but despite his ranks, he had two weaknesses.  Women and weed.  All shapes, all sizes St. James didn't discriminate.  He loved pussy and pussy loved him.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

St. James stood outside the busy airport waiting for the gold Escalade to pull up.  Once he spotted Akoni, he ran over and opened the passenger side door.

"Fucking took you long enough". He hopped in giving a Akoni a dapp.  Now what the fuck is going on with Natalie, Son?"

"She called me bout' a week ago.  Said she wanted to talk.  I was surprised cause I rarely hear from her.  We meet up at some coffee shop and she started crying to me.  Told me about how that nigga was beating on her and shit".  He continued to drive.

"Yo...My nigga. Get the fuck outta here! 

St. James took a blunt wrapper out of his pocket.  

"Aye... I don't mean to cut you off but you got that Ganja for me?"

Akoni pointed to the dashboard.  St. James found a twenty bag of weed and proceeded to roll up.

"So Yo! Nigga been hitting her? That's why you wanna kill dat nigga for free.  Shit. I don't blame you.  Fuck. It's like now, you really got a reason to kill that mutha fucka", 

St. James licked the blunt and set a flame to seal it.

"Yeah man.  I got a tip that he be near that megachurch in Silver Spring"

"By himself?"

"From what I understand, that's where he meets some chick.  I guess they link up and fuck.  I don't know.  Don't really give a fuck", Akoni made a sharp turn causing St. James to drop the blunt.

"Damn Koni! He grabbed it out the floor and started flicking his lighter.

"Saint! Don't smoke that shit in my truck nigga", Akoni yelled

"Yo Son... How the fuck are you gonna trip off of me smoking weed in your truck when you fucking sell dope?" St. James began to laugh hysterically.

"You lucky I had that bag in here for your potheaded ass.  You know since Keisha got me hemmed up all those years ago, I don't travel with that shit like that".

"I feel you. I feel you.  Explain to me this, how you link up with that judge anyway?"  St. James put the blunt in his jacket.

"Olive had a party.  You know... To celebrate her internship at the judge's son law firm"

"Oh, word.  How is my little cuz doing?"

"She good man.  Got a good head on her shoulders. Smart as shit.  Anyways, me and Rasheeda go over to Bethesda, at her moms, and this nigga approached me.

"Who the judge?"

"Nah...That nigga I'm hired to kill.  Natalie's husband.  

"The Fuck!

"Coming over to me saying, I hope ain't no bad blood between us.  Shit. I care for her and hate you.  Always gonna be bad blood between us.  Nigga started laughing.  Asking do I know anybody want a job paying $30,000.  I said who the fuck doesn't want that.  The question is, what is this job asking a nigga to do for $30,000?

"Right. Right"  St. James shook his head in agreement.

"Come find out, the judge is running for State's Attorney.  Joseph wants to run as his rival.  Wanted me to get dirt on him.  Said the judge got a wife, kid, and grandkids but likes to go down to Fair Haven and fuck the heroin addicts"

"So..I know the streets.  Told him I got him but I needed half of it upfront.  Nigga goes in the house, writes me check for $15,000.  Brings it outside and hands it to me.  I told him Natalie is never to know about it"

"Damn.  That's why I ain't vote for that racist Trump.  St. James yelled.

"No kidding.  I get some girls together, get him in a room, and had Meech hiding in the closet recording and taking pictures.  I go to him with what I got, nigga started to avoid me.  He acting like he ain't want to pay me the rest of my money.  I said man fuck this, I show up at the house".

" Natalie let me inside. We laugh and talk for a bit and the nigga pull up.  Nigga starts yelling at her cause he sees me walk out the house with my goons.  She gets in between us and this common ass mutha fucka pushed her to the ground.  Man, I was ready to get in that ass, but Rick and Sean were holding me back.  Then some little white lady came over from a FUCKING castle across the street, starts calling the police.  So we rolled out.  I took the pictures and shit to the judge.  The judge said, Joseph been extorting money from him just off the information that I told him I had on the judge.  He offered me money to kill him. So I said, fuck it".

"Damn. I want that nigga dead myself.  He gonna put his hands on a woman? So we ready do this now? Cause I'm ready", St. James started rubbing his hands together.

"Not yet. I want to drive through Natalie's neighborhood first.  Olive said she wanted me to call her but she not answering the phone.  Figure I swing through there first and then wait for him near the church".

"Bet...But before you do, can we please stop by your house so I can smoke this blunt? Damn. You trying to hold a nigga hostage and shit.  You know I need my medicine"

"Man you crazy as fuck.." 

7:14 pm...

Akoni, against Rasheeda's wishes, took her Hyundai over to Magnolia Lane.  The house was lit on the inside and both cars were still in the driveway.  Akoni and St. James sat in the car up the street from the house for twenty minutes.

"Why the fuck is the water fountain laying on the ground?" St. James asked peering through the window. 

"I don't know and she still not answering her phone.  Akoni looked over and saw Mrs. Pritchard walking her little dog.  "We need to leave now".

"Why?..... We not doing anything"

"Neighborhood watch walking the streets.  She will call the cops", Akoni started the car and put it into drive.

"Where are we going now?" St. James peered at the woman walking her dog in the fluffy pink nightgown.

"We going near the church and wait for him there".

"