Chapter 13- Natalie

Eventually, the doctors quit experimenting on me and started talking about letting me go home. That is, until they discovered blood test results that they had forgotten to look over the night of the accident. My parents, along with the doctor, came in my room with solemn looks on their faces.

"Natalie, we need to discuss past test results with you." The doctor announced.

"Okay, is everything alright?" I asked.

"No. These results found traces of drugs in your system. So if you've been doing drugs, then you need to tell me now. You won't be in trouble, we just want to help you." The doctor replied.

"What?!? No! I don't do drugs! There must be a mistake!" I yelled back through tears.

"I'm sorry, Nat. I want to believe you, but you were fighting with Isaac and I just..." My mom trailed off. She covered her face and sobbed into her hands, while my dad rubbed her back.

I couldn't comprehend anything at that moment. I put my head in my hands and drew shaky breaths. I wasn't going home now, I was probably going to rehab and I didn't even do drugs. My heart pounded in my chest, and all I wanted was for Ellington to walk through the door and tell them that they were wrong, but he didn't come, and I was left alone to fight for myself.

"Hey, Nat." Isaac said as he walked in.

"Hey." I replied through sniffles.

"What's wrong?"

"They.. um... They found traces of drugs in my system from the accident. I promise you that I don't do drugs, you have to believe me." I replied with tears in my eyes.

"Nat, if it was in your system... What am I supposed to think?"

"Oh my god. Isaac. You HAVE to believe me. You're all I have right now and they're going to put me in rehab if you don't help me fight." I sobbed.

"Nat, I can't do anything about this. I'm just one person."

"FINE. Call Ellington." I yelled.

"What?"

"I said, call Ellington. If you won't help me, I'm sure he will." I replied bitterly.

"Okay, fine Nat. I'll try my estivate help you." He sighed.

"Thank you." I whispered as I dried my tears.

I really had faith in Isaac. I knew that he cared enough to help me and I was positive that he would help me, but I had been fooled. He let them haul me off to rehab without saying a word.

I'd never been treated like a druggy, and it didn't feel good at all. I was surrounded by people with legitimate problems, and I felt like a waste of space, and time, without anyone to talk to or anyone who understood me.