Chapter 4- Ellington

We landed in Pennsylvania later that night and went to check out the venue. We were playing a sold out show the next night, and we were all excited to meet the fans. The next day was crazy, and the night came quickly.

"You ready Ratliff?!?" Rydel called down the hall.

"Coming!" I picked up my drumsticks and got ready for Meet & Greet.

"I love meeting the fans. It's so fun!" She smiled.

"I know, they're always so nice! I love the gifts we always get!" I agreed.

"It's super sweet! Do you think we will have any Rydellington shippers that want us to tango again?" She laughed.

"No question. Of course we will!" I chuckled.

"Guess you better get used to being my dance partner!"

"Eh, it's not that bad. You're my best friend. We know where we stand with each other, that's all that really matters!"

"Yeah." She smiled.

We made it to Meet & Greet, and as I predicted, our first fan to meet was a Rydellington shipper. I just smiled and went through procedure. As long as the fans were happy, I was too.

That nights show was crazy. Everyone was jumping and singing at the top of their lungs. The energy in the room was at its peak. I'd never experienced something like it before. There was a point where everything seemed to go in slow motion and I looked out into the crowd. Screaming fans everywhere. Slinging hair and singing as loud as they could. It was such a crazy sight. 5 years and we've finally made it here. I recognized some of the "Ratliff Girls" from Meet & Greet and smiled. Most of the girls were after Ross, but it was still crazy to think that I had girls all over the world that knew my name and considered me to be their favorite. I played my heart out and at one point I grabbed my microphone and yelled "COME ON PENNSYLVANIA! GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT!" Everyone screamed and Riker turned around and smiled at me. Rydel really got the crowd going. She got the crowd jumping to Love Me Like That, and head banged while playing keyboard. Nothing really beats Ross though. His dancing ALWAYS makes the girls go crazy. Rocky and I make fun of him for it. Rocky walked by the drums and winked while he danced.

When we made it back to the hotel, we were dead tired. Andre came in and congratulated us on "another job well done".

"So, tomorrow we are getting on the tour bus to get to the airport. The driver will drive to Nashville and we will fly. The bus will make it in time to take you to the show. We need you on at 10:00 am with all of your stuff. Got it?" Andre asked.

"Yes." We all muttered.

"Good. See you then!"

The next morning came too quickly, and too early. We were all tired and ready to sleep on the plane.

"Ready to meet some Nashville girls?" Ross asked.

"Totally! Let's go!" I laughed.