Chapter 4

Jake Laurent has been one of my closest friends since I got to high school. We met in grade nine drama when the teacher paired us for an assignement.We ace the assignements and were partners for the rest of the year. We started to talk more and more. At one point I thought that maybe we would end up dating but that never did happen. He has now been with his girlfriend, Jamie, for about 5 months and they are adorable, I'm so glad I set them up.

        "Hey Jake!" 

       "Schedule?" he said with his hand out with his.

        We switched schedules and looked over them quickly.

        "Well looks like we have this class, creative writing and music together!" I said with a smile.

        "Great, I was hoping we had a lot of classes together!"

        I smiled and snatched my schedule from his hands and put it away. I looked back over and he was starring ahead. I turned quickly thinking the teacher was ready to start. I turned to see Izzy rubbing Adrian's upper thigh and whispering in his ear. Adrian turned and smirked at her then looked back at me and winked. 

        "Ummm, who is that?" Jake asked.

        "That is Adrian the new kid"

        "Did he just meet Izyy?"

        "Yes, yes he did this morning."

        "Well then, we should probably stay clear of the handicap bathroom after this period." Jake said with a smile.

        I laughed but the sad part was he was probably right.

        "How's Jamie?" I asked

        " I wouldn't know." He answered dissmisively.

        "Uh... what does that mean?"

        " That means that Jamie seems to of had a secret slutty side that no one knew about."

        "Did she...Did she cheat?" I asked worriedly.

        " Technically no but yes."

        "Umm... mind explaining a little?"

        "We were talking on the phone at the begining of the summer and we started joking around about some stuff. It slowly lead into the idea of a hallpass for the summer. I thought she was still joking around so I said totally or something sarcastic. I guess she though I was being serious since i found her in bed with Damien the week after and she reminded me that I said yes."

        I looked over at Jake stunned. The Jamie I knew wouldn't even think about talking to Damien , let alone having sex with him.

        "Oh Jake, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?"

        "I'm okay for now. I just want to see what happens now that this hallpass is over with."

        "Wait, you didn't break up with her?!"

        "Not yet, I've been waiting to see what happens and to possible ruin the good girl act she's got going."

        " Oh Jake.."

        That's when the teacher walked in. We went over the usual back to school junk. Then the teacher handed out his typed up summary of the what we'd be doing this semester. I could't really focus on anything the teacher was saying since all I could see in front of me was Adrian and Izzy. At this point I'm pretty sure her hand were in his pants but I couldn't really tell from behind. I rolled my eyes and tried to pay attention. Since Izzy was preoccupied, Adrian was the one who handed back the papers to me. As he turned around , he gave me the same grin and wink he gave to Izzy. On the page he sent back , he wrote;

        'Your friend seems to be taking this a little fast. Mind telling her I want to possibly date not hook up'

        I looked up at him to see his face in a panic. I wasn't sure if he was being truthful or just trying to some how impress her or rope me in as well. I just smiled and mouthed that I would talk to her. I looked over at Jake who seemed to be just as confused as I was. I shrugged and turned to look at the clock. Only a little more than 3 hours till lunch. I hope this day goes by fast...