CHAPTER ]17[

Kai's POV

After sending them home, I decided to go to my mother's house as I really wanted to talk to her.

About just now, it suddenly became awkward between me and Sehun. I was not sure the exact reason why.

He was my wife but still I could not accept the fact yet. It was hard for me to accept someone again into my life.

I was used to grow up Taeoh by myself without any wife. Also, it was hard to trust anyone again.

"Jongin, what are you doing here?," she said as soon as the door was opened, looking confusedly at me.

I huffed, entering the house afterwards. "I just miss you, eomma."

She giggled as hearing that from me. "I know it's not the real reason, tell me now," she stated.

As expected. It was not easy to fool her.

"About Sehun," I said straightly, taking the seat on the sofa that was facing her.

She frowned. "What's wrong with your wife?," she questioned and emphasised the word wife.

"How can you trust him so easily? You don't even know him, eomma," I stated, looking straightly into her eyes and waiting for her answer.

She responded with a soft smile. "It's all because of Taeoh, he doesn't easily trust outsiders but with Sehun it is different," I gasped as hearing that.

"If you don't trust him you will find ways to cancel the wedding, you know you can do it, Jongin," my lips sealed, didn't know what else to say as I heard that.

Was it right? Did I trust him?

"I-I don't know, I did all these to make Taeoh happy," a heavy sigh came out from my lips.

It was really frustrating right now.

"At least treat him well, don't make him feel sad or offended," those words kind of stabbed right into my heart.

I realised I was treating him badly and I even made him cry. I didn't mean to but I just didn't want to give him hopes.

"I will try eomma, it is still not easy for me," she smiled fondly at me, understanding my feelings right now.

"Jongin, do you wanna know something?," her sudden question made me frown out of confusion.

"What is it?," she curved a meaningful smile, a smile that only she knew the reason.

"If you don't trust him you will never let Sehun to be near Taeoh," my eyebrows furrowed. Slightly agreeing with my mother's statement.

But did I really trust him?

"Give him a chance to prove it to you, Jongin," I nodded with a smile.

"I will eomma."

I glanced at my wrist watch and it was already late. Tomorrow I needed to send Taeoh here as Sehun had classes.
"Jongin," she called out as I was going to stand up from my seat.

I turned my back to look at her. "Yes?."

"Don't treat Sehun as Taeoh's mother but treat him as your wife," I nodded firmly and went out afterwards.

I realised I had done lots of things that hurt his feelings. Maybe this was the right time to fix all the things.

--kaihun--