Chapter 3 Mistaken Identity

Magsimula sa umpisa

He almost lost hope and sat on an empty bench around the corner wondering if he ever belonged to the city. None of the places, stores or diner seemed familiar except the Burger King, Nike, Adidas and few other big brands that probably have their outlets all over the world.

Was he a tourist or a vagabond?

However his trial of thoughts was interrupted when he heard two men mumbling with each other

"Yes yes this is a hand gun by Wesson and Smith." A lean guy dressed in military print cargos and a plain black shirt told a bald man with a distinct personality.

The bald man shouted his wealth with his Armani shirt teamed with black pants, sleeves of his shirt folded making him appear that he was on a leisure shopping.

The original alligator skin shoes already hit a statement that he wanted the best.

He did look out of place shopping for guns but well the shopkeeper too seemed like a completely atrocious salesman.

He knew nothing about what he was selling.

Rather he was even more clueless than the buyer himself.

He was handling the gun as if he was holding it for the first time.

"Which one is better?" the guy in white shirt asked "It would be better if I am able to say something to my friends along with showing off my gun."

The teen age kid seemed shattered and immediately pulled back the revolver 'you don't have a license?" he asked.

"I have already applied for one." He said in defense.

"Look man my dad is unwell and I am only here for couple of days before he bounces back. You can come later." Cargo pants suggested.

"No I have to submit my form and I have to mention the gun I need to keep so.." he omitted the rest part wondering the guy would understand but the cargo pants turned even paler.

"Look I don't know. It's all after you. You can decide." The young lad said.

John as he now names himself. It was in police records so it was anyways his legal name "let me help you" he barged into the conversation before his rational part could stop him "this one is Ruger handgun and this is semi-automatic and the other one, he held the matt black one in his hand is a revolver.

Like a pro he started comparing the two guns.

This one does not have a safety, other one does, this one is DOA and the other one is both DOSO

"And that means" the confused young seller adjusted his brows, licked his dry tongue and asked shocked wondering how a random stranger knew so much about the guns.

"That means single shot and double shot which is this black matt one and this one, he lifted the fancy looking one and said this one only has double shot.

"But since you are buying it for bragging purpose I'd advise you take the one with safety" he lifted the revolver and assessed the metal thing curiously "The safety one makes it safe and advisable for you"

Though annoyed at his eavesdropping the buyer didn't say much was mentally glad that he could finally decide

Limiting his words into few he said, "I'll take the revolver" and signed a check of the mentioned amount.

"You'll have to fill the form and I want your identity and other documents" the young lad was now in a hurry to finish the deal

"Sure." he said picking papers from his Gucci laptop bag and handed it to him.