Chapter 40 Terrorist Attack

Chapter 40

Terrorist Attack

John walked in quick strides, his eyes alert watching the movements.

"John" D called and John turned around in a reflex.

"Where had you been?" D asked.

"I had been busy" John avoided eye contact; Cynthia's words 'they are dead' ringing in his ears.

His first instinct was to hold him and strangle him and confess the truth of him

But he chose to find the truth himself.

Cynthia had also been a liar.

He did not know if he could trust him or not.

"Are you alright?" D asked.

"I am fine" John nodded "What are you doing here?" he asked

"Looking for Rae Salem" D stated easily.

Images flashed in his head at the mention of name.

"You remember him?" D asked "intelligence report says he'd be here today and it has something to do with the big blast they are planning."

"Rae Salem the convict of twin tower?" John pressed his forehead

"You arrested him" D stated.

"But he fled" John said angrily, his doubts back on D "I wonder who helped him."

"It is sad that we have some traitors within us" D said sadly "it is even sadder that our members do not trust us enough.." he shrugged.

John felt a tug on the left of his chest. He looked keenly at D's face trying to recognize him, trying to hunt back same face in his memories.

It was all a blur.

"Don't worry son" D patted on his shoulders "we will wait"

"What will you wait for?' John furrowed his brows "what do you know?'

D chuckled "we will wait for you to come back to us and trust us."

"You know?" John was startled

"Yes we have Dr. Markle" he also flashed his phone to John showing him the pictures of him and Cynthia in Peru "you met her, Cynthia's look alike. She is wearing her hair color and has same stature but she isn't Cynthia" a look of grave passed his facial feature 'Cynthia is dead."

"Who is she?" John asked, his feet jumping for he was in a hurry to get hold of the terrorists.

"We don't know " D shrugged "all Dr. Markle said was you have very faint memory and the images in your head a blur like visions in a dream."

"What are you doing here?"J ohn changed the topic, he still couldn't trust D or his heart that was saying otherwise, "you have stopped leading since ..." John stopped.

He was sick of mind games played with him.

"since I let my only son die" D's voice broke as he mentioned about his own son "same as you are" D composed quickly "trying to get hold of terrorists."

"You look unusually calm" John remarked. He remembered D always in a serious , no non sense tone whenever he was in a mission like this.

"Because there ain't anyone here." D shrugged "It was a false lead."

All the hopes of D being actual D vanished and the feeling of the look alike of D conning him settled at the pit of John's stomach.

"You are with them." John said "aren't you?" his question a growl."