Chapter 4 Puzzles And Troubles

Chapter 4

Puzzles And Troubles

He couldn't believe it.

He was that close in finding his identity.

Now he was among the fountains of gunshots coming from every direction.

Thankfully none of them directed towards him and all towards the mysterious lady about whom he knew nothing except the 36-26-36 silhouette and that wink of eye.

She was lovely or she had lovely eyes.

But was she alive or would she remain alive?

The gunshots were pretty brutal.

He hoped all other patients and their relatives were fine too.

He couldn't go out and check for himself.

For he'd been shot earlier

The hospital authorities might suspect him of the attack.

So he concluded of waiting it through.

He'd been locked in the janitor for hours the pen drive that he'd fisted tightly in his hands was now wet and he did not know what his next move should be.

The lady called him an Agent.

Was it his name?

Could be?... Nay! He declined himself

Was he some undercover agent working for cops?

That was wishful thinking though.

If he were a cop he would have been rescued much earlier treated well and then his family should be consulted.

Did he have any family?

He realized that his head was throbbing and guessing wasn't helping him either.

"Hey John" John recognized the changed guy in a hoodie chewing on his gum and the strong odor of his deo that would die soon "How have you been?"

'Danny?" John acknowledged with a small bow "hope I am not late?"

"Nah man" he waved him off "just wanted to get rid of the crappy, empty house. Granola bar?" he offered and John gladly took it.

Sleeping on the park bench and then shifting from one park to another whenever he noticed patrolling had made him sore and he was starving.

'I should rent an apartment first thing in the evening' he thought.

But again wondered if anyone would let him without his identity proof but he had to try.

He picked a damp piece of cloth and started rubbing all the tables, cases and everything possible.

Once done with that he thought of starting with rifles.

He somehow knew maintain and cleaning them off was essential.

Although the owner had done a great job securing them in airtight class cabinets, he still wanted them to be shiny and sparkly once the actual owner is back.

John hoped that his lack of identity wouldn't be a bother to Danny's father too.

He kept working and his other eye on the Danny who had muffed his ears with jumbo sized orange and blue headphones and his head was bobbing up and down and sideways with the beats of music.

He couldn't hear a bit but he knew that with his back faced outside any on looker might feel that he was having some kind of stroke.

He kept the humor to himself and while his cleaning spree reached the pale yellow monitor which might have seen brighter and shinier days earlier he asked "hey Danny can I use the computer?"