「Chapter Five」

stop hiding the truth
in your lies

❝ stop hiding the truthin your lies ❞

"I thought I could find you here."

"Well, you made it, now what?" The thief questions, and crosses his arms. "If you will excuse me, I have to grab something for dinner."

"By grabbing, you mean stealing, right?" The young man questions which makes the thief angry.

"Look, I told you before that you know nothing about me," Angrily, he bumps into his shoulder on purpose, and makes his way through a shelf, but he stops when the young man grips his wrist, wanting him to stop stealing the food. "Why do you even care?"

"Because you seem like a good person," After saying this, he lets go of the thief, and leans against the wall, having his arms crossed. "Now, steal."

The thief stares down at his shoes as he can feel the guilt and the shame through his body. "Fuck you." He raises up his middle finger, and heads to the exit, as fast as possible.

The young man follows him outside, but to his surprise, he can no longer see the thief. It looks like that he has disappeared into the darkness, again.

"Why are you following me?" A familiar voice questions out of nowhere. "You don't even know who I am."

"I want to help."

"I don't need your help." Slowly, the thief comes out of the dark, and stands in front of him.

"Do you have a place to stay?" The young man questions while he already knows that the boy is probably going to refuse the offer. "Aren't you hungry?"

"No, thank you," The thief turns his back on him with the thought of leaving him alone, but he can not just leave, because as it was mentioned before, nobody has ever cared for Taehyung the way this young man does. "I said that I don't need your help."

Namjoon walks past Taehyung, and keeps walking home without turning around in order to see whether the boy is following him or not, because deep down, he can feel that the boy is following him everywhere he goes.

"So, what is the name of the man who has been following me?" Suddenly, Namjoon questions as him and the thief are walking home, but he receives no answer. "You have a name, don't you?"

It is not that easy for Taehyung to make good conversations, but he does not know why things are different when he is around Namjoon.

Something about him is strange.

"Taehyung. Kim Taehyung."

"Well, then, nice to meet you, Taehyung," He wears a smile which makes those beautiful dimples appear on his face. "I'm Namjoon."

"Do you have a f-family?" Something blocks his throat after asking this question, but still, he manages himself not to cry.

"My parents died due to a car accident— um, well, you know, my mother couldn't survive, but my father did."

"But you said that your parents died, and then you said that your father survived the accident— what does that mean?" The boy does not understand what the young man is talking about, so he decides to ask a question in order to make sure what the meaning behind his sentence is.

"My father went crazy after my mother's death, he— ugh, one night, he just left me alone, and never... came back."

"I'm sorry to hear that," The boy becomes sad, and regrets asking him such a question, but he can not turn back the clock in order to change the subject, so he prefers to let go. "What do you do for living?"

Still, the young man does not trust the boy, so he prefers to tell a lie, "I'm an accountant," Deep down, he does not feel very good for lying, but he believes that he has no choice, at the moment. "What is your story?"

"M-My stroy?" The thief stutters, and freezes in his spot with his right hand clenched into a fist.

Before the young man can ask him anything, he notices that the boy has disappeared again, so he lets out a sigh, and keeps walking until he arrives home.

When he decides to grab the key out of his pocket, he feels a piece of paper in there, so he pulls it out to read it.