Four: Goryeo (고려)

Start from the beginning

"You seem pretty confident, your highness," he teased while also standing onto his feet, "Sure you can still handle such an unladylike activity?"

"I'm going to cut that grin off your face," you growled.

"Oh, feisty," he chuckled.

You spun away and stomped over to your carriage where Michault's unit's extra swords sat. Grabbing one, turned back and immediately hit a skilled defensive fighting stance before smirking at your friend.

"Try me," you challenged.

Michault looked you up and down contemplatively. He was only joking before, knowing behind your delicate appearance was a true warrior. Your petite body could take down a man twice your size, which he has seen before when you both began training in sword-skill together at a young age.

"What," you taunted, "Is the big knight scared of a tiny, little princess?"

He huffed, feigning insult, "Fine, but don't whine too much when I win."

"You mean you'll try not to cry too hard when I  win," you retorted while brandishing your sword.

"Big talk for a tiny, little princess," he scoffs while drawing his own blade.

"Shut up and fight," you say through gritted teeth.

He grins before hitting an offensive combat position, "Let's see if you can still hold your own."

You brace yourself as Michault takes the first swing, much to your anticipation. He is over zealous when it comes to fighting, which is his downfall. Too eager and quick to make mistakes. You however, are more patient, which gives you time to predict your opponent's movements and calculate a counterstrike.

Blocking his first move easily, you swing your arm forward to knock the larger man in the chest. His eyes widen as you cause him to stumble back and gain the upper hand by taking several swipes at him with your blade, coming much too close to his barely protected torso.

He ups his game and before you know it, you were surrounded by the sounds of exerted grunting and high-pitched ringing of metal-on-metal. Both of you were fighting passionately, dripping sweat from your brows and ignoring the screaming of your fatigued muscles.

Both of you were holding evenly, dealing and blocking blows at the same rate as the other until Michault caught you off guard with a forceful strike that made you lose footing. You fall to the ground as your friend gives a breathless laugh.

"Gotten a little sloppy have we princess?" he teased through heavy panting while lowering his sword, "What? Too many table manner lessons you couldn't keep up your defense practice."

You growled deep in your throat and take advantage of the man who put down his guard by sweeping your leg across his calves. His knees buckled and let out a yell as he tumbled onto his back. You spring back up off the ground and set a foot firmly on his chest while placing the tip of your blade at his neck.

Victorious.

"'Table manners' my royal ass," you smirk down at him.

You stared down at the dumbfounded man several second before a smile crossed his face. It wasn't mocking or taunting, but prideful. Proud of your strength and ability to protect yourself.

"You're still tough as shit, I'll give you that (Y/N)," he huffed as he allowed himself to regain his breath.

"Damn right," you laugh while lowering your sword from his jugular and thrusting it into the ground.

"Pray tell, what is all the calamity going on back here?" a voice suddenly popped out of nowhere.

You stun around to see your uncle Audric analyzing the two of you with an amused look.