Family - Luffy

Having Luffy at his last moments is both a blessing and a curse. Watching so many people die but watching so many more of his friends, family and comrades die destroyed him. And if that meant he would also have to watch his brother die, Ace would swear to kill everyone of the navy even if it killed him. Having one dead brother is enough. Sabo would never forgive him if he let Luffy die. So in his last moments in Luffy's arms he knew he was able to protect his little brother, however he failed his captain. He failed Pops. His legacy was the son the Pirate King. He was executed for being the son of the pirate but he knew that he died protecting his brother, the man who is going to find the one piece and become the Pirate King.

Meeting Luffy was a surprise after a surprise. Always saying that he was going to be a Pirate King, wearing that ridiculous hat all the time and his smile was way to big for a kid like him. He was a spitball of trouble and fun. Sabo was the smart one and mischievous one and Ace, well he was the one who got them out of trouble. And when they became sake brothers, the three of them became inseparable. Until the day death tore them apart.

Sabo's death made their bond even stronger. They promised at the age of sixteen that they would become pirates. And they did. Ace met Whitebeard and became legendary as Fire Fist Ace. Whitebeard was a dad he never had. He made Ace more than just the son of Gol D. Roger. But this was exploited by Marshall D. Teach otherwise known as Blackbeard. And thus the set in action the Battle of Marineford.

He hoped Luffy would survive the war. He hoped Whitebeard would just forget about him. He wish it would all be over. He felt himself slip away. He felt the burning hole in his chest. He felt the fire burning him inside out. He felt the pain of losing his brother. He felt everything when he was supposed to be dead.