What if: Dark Pit

Pit was crying even more tears, holding Minerva's limp body close to him. "I love you... I love you so much that it hurts..." Dark Pit listened in silence, feeling the exact same way. He went close to her face, sharing one last kiss. The skies were still dark as it looked like it wasn't going to let up soon. A single drop fell from the sky as thousands more followed.

   Slowly, Minerva's eyes opened as she felt water pouring on her skin. Pit grunted at the sight of the girl who they all thought was dead. "Minerva... You're alive..."

   Minerva looked out of it, like she was more than half asleep. "What happened..?"

Pit embraced her tightly. "I'm so glad... I'm so glad you're alive..."

Minerva felt Pit sobbing on her shoulder. She put her hand on his back. "I'm sorry for scaring you, Pit."

"Don't scare me like that."

"I'm sorry. I won't." Minerva paused for a moment. She looked over to Dark Pit who was nearby. He wasn't looking her way, guessing that he couldn't stand seeing her and Pit together like this.

   Minerva began to stand up even though she was a bit wobbly. Pit looked at her confused. "Minerva, where are you going?"

   Trying to be careful as she walked, Minerva was walking towards Dark Pit. Dark Pit heard her footsteps, turning his head towards her. Once she was near him, she lost her balance, having Dark Pit catch her in his arms.

Dark Pit's eyes started to waver. "Minerva..."

Minerva looked up at him, her eyes wavering as well. "Dark Pit, I... I want to be with you. My heart has been so confused lately, but I've made up my mind. You're the one I love."

   Dark Pit's eyes wavered even more, a slight blush on his face. "You... You have no idea how happy this makes me feel..."

Link went over to Pit, placing a hand on his shoulder. "That's rough, buddy."

Pit didn't say anything, feeling his heart breaking into pieces. But despite that, he just wanted her to be happy, even if it wasn't with him. Partly, it felt like he deserved it after saying all those hurtful things to her. Even though he had apologized for it and she forgave him, it felt like if he hadn't done that, she would've picked him.

A bittersweet smile appeared on Pit's face. "It's fine. As long as she's happy, then... I'll be happy too."

Link looked at his friend sadly. He knew that Pit was trying to hide his true feelings. "Don't worry, Pit. You'll find someone someday."

Pit let out a sigh through his nose. "I don't want to get into a relationship for a long while." He put on his strong face. "For now, I will focus myself to serving Lady Palutena, and will train the troops of her army as their captain."

Link patted his back. "Hang in there, buddy. A good friend once told me, you can do it! I believe in you!"

Kagami smiled at Link's words. "Sounds familiar. I wonder which friend you're talking about." She said in a somewhat sarcastic tone.

"You of all people should know."

"We were going to head back to Hyrule. I know that your mission is done here, Link, so you should come with us. Teba is waiting for us."

Link nodded. "Yeah. I'll come with you." He turned to Pit. "Will you be alright by yourself?"

Pit's eyes wavered. He slowly shook his head. "After I report everything to Lady Palutena, can I... Go with you guys? I need a vacation."

"Of course. We can wait for you."

Lucina nodded. "We will be waiting nearby."

Meanwhile, Dark Pit and Minerva were embracing each other. They stared into each other's eyes for a while. "Minerva, will you come with me wherever I go?"

Minerva nodded. "Of course." She looked down, feeling bad knowing that she had broke Pit's heart. Since they weren't too far from them, she had heard every word he said. "But... Could we visit this area sometimes? I don't want to just disappear from their lives."

Dark Pit nodded. "If that's what you want. I knew you were going to say something like that."

Minerva gave him a bittersweet smile. "They're still my friends despite being a little awkward for a while. But I'm sure it will clear up eventually."

"Yeah." Dark Pit paused for a moment. "Minerva, do you mind if I take you somewhere?"

Minerva tilted her head in confusion. "Go where?"

"It's a surprise." Dark Pit scooped her in his arms, making her heart flutter. He leaned close to her face, sharing a kiss. "I love you, Minerva. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

"I love you too, Dark Pit."

Sharing one more kiss, Dark Pit spread out his wings, now flying in the air. Minerva leaned her head on his chest, feeling safe in her lover's arms. This was like a dream, but it was reality. The two were going to live a happy life from now on, now and forever.