“This is ridiculous,” Rebekah began. She dodged a younger child from the years below before continuing. “I don’t see why he done that to you. It was obvious how much he liked –or likes rather- you.”

“No one can control what he did. It’s his choices- he made the decision. Not that I-” I was cut off by someone shoving me from behind. My folders fell from my arms and clattered to the floor- the papers flying all over the floor.

“What the hell?” Rebekah demanded. She turned around to see who was behind me, anger taking over all the emotions on her face. “What do you think you’re doing?”

A voice from behind me let out a laugh and I automatically knew who it was- Amy. Turning around, I stared at her, trying my best not to look weak. I gathered up as much confidence as I could- which wasn’t much.

“How are you doing, Maisie?” Amy smirked. Luke wasn’t in sight so either he wasn’t with her anymore or he was just late. I’m guessing it was the last point.

“Fine.” I deadpanned. I wasn’t going to talk to her; she’d made my life hell for months. Amy was nothing but a bully and I wasn’t going to acknowledge her, she wasn’t worth it.

She took a step closer to me. “Aw, nothing more to say?” She cocked her head to the side, staring at straight in the eyes. Amy was one of those girls who were beautiful and knew it. But that beauty only made her arrogant and a horrible person. Her personality made her ugly.

“I not talking to you.” I finalised, not adding anything else. I didn’t owe her anything and I wasn’t going to explain myself to her any further. She wasn’t worth my breath, no matter how harsh that sounded. I wasn’t acknowledging someone who made my life hell.

Amy just scoffed, flipped her hair over her shoulder before she looked me dead in the eye. Her eyes pierced into my own. “I heard some brilliant news before.”

“Really?” I asked, feigning curiosity. I didn’t care what she had to say, I didn’t care what news she’d heard. Why would she tell me about her news anyway? I wasn’t her friend, she didn’t need to come and tell me all the latest gossip.

“Yeah, it’s quite interesting actually, I’m sure you’d love it,” She began making sure she didn’t take her eyes off me. It was like she was waiting to see my reaction. Staring at me like she wanted to talk note of even the smallest body change. “I heard that Zach’s now single.”

I shrugged. “Yeah?” I asked my voice monotone. Although on the outside I acted like I didn’t care, on the inside my heart was pounding. I didn’t want to talk about our breakup… especially not to someone like Amy.

Her smirk faltered a little bit; obviously she was annoyed she wasn’t getting a reaction out of me. “Good on him, he can do better than someone like you.”

“Hmm.” Don’t bite, don’t bite, do not bite.

“I want to thank you though,” She began with a big, bright fake smile on her face. She made her smile wide, showing her perfectly straight, white teeth. “You made him single so now I can get with him.”

My heart beat picked up as she said that. She wasn’t going to go after him, was she? She wouldn’t… she couldn’t…

Well obviously she could. Amy was the type of person who’d do anything to get what they want, despite how much it affected anyone else. She didn’t care how I was affected. As long as she had Zach then nothing else mattered.

“Do what you want.” I replied as bluntly as I could. I had to try and show her that I wasn’t bothered about the fact she had admitted that she wanted my ex-boyfriend. As much as the thought of it made my stomach sink, I couldn’t let her see she was getting to me.