Read My Lips: Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I walked away from the man who was currently lying on the floor. My jaw ached from where he punched me; my knuckles were bleeding and bruised again from all the hits I sent him. Not to mention my lip was bleeding and blood was dribbling down my chin. Ew.

“Dammit, Zach, you cannot keep fighting with everyone. You’re either going to get yourself seriously hurt, get yourself killed or worse, kill someone.” Ryan warned me. I swear he’s always been the one who moans the most and worries the most. I guess it’s good that he’s so worried about us because it shows he cares but it’s really annoying a lot of the time.

“Will you chill, Ryan? Nothing’s going to happen to me. I’ll be completely fine and you know I wouldn’t do anything worse than knocking someone out. I’d never kill someone.” I sighed, shaking my head.

Ryan really had to stop worrying. It was my decision to fight people, not his. If I got hurt, it was my fault, not his. If I hurt someone, it was my fault and not his. You get my point. It had nothing to do with him. I get that he’s worried but if I did something that ended up with a consequence, then it was my fault.

“I know but if your mum see’s you like this one more time you can guarantee she’s going to start been more suspicious that she already is.” He said, following me to where our motorbikes were parked.

“She most likely won’t be in when I get home anyway. She’ll probably be at work.” I shrugged.

My mum normally worked night shift so she could be at home during the day. I don’t know why she worked night shift when that was the one time I needed her there but she did. You’d probably guess that I’d have a close relationship with my mum; but I don’t. I never knew my dad and I don’t have any other siblings so it’s just us, but we aren’t close.

“Re-wrap your knuckles then and make sure you clean your lip.” He warned, pointing his finger at me before he put his helmet on and jumped onto his motorbike.

“Yes mum!” I mock saluted him and copied his actions. I started my motorbike up and looked at Ryan.

“Shut up. I’ll see you later.” He called, waving his hand and revving up his bike.

“Yeah, see you.” I replied and backed out from where I was parked then, I started my journey home.

         When I arrived home, straight away I headed up to my room to grab the bandage then straight to the bathroom to clean myself up. I wiped the blood away from my chin and lip and looked at the wound that was left. The cut was only small. Sure it was noticeable, but it wasn’t obvious and drew attention to me giving off the ‘look, I’ve just been punched!’ vibe.

My jaw was slightly bruised as well. People were used to seeing this so they’d not be too fussed over it. I wiped the blood from my knuckles carefully. With the bruises that I had been left with, it hurt a lot to put pressure onto them. Once they were all clean, I bandaged them up and headed back to my room.

After I had changed and dressed myself in my pyjamas, I grabbed my laptop and logged onto Facebook. Straight away I searched for Maisie. The top suggestion was ‘Maisie Evans’ so I clicked on it. Her photo was set as the profile picture so I clicked on the add friend button. Maisie had her profile on private so I couldn’t see anything that was wrote on it, or if anyone had wrote on it.

My computer pinged so I looked back at the screen to see she’d accepted my request. A grin automatically made its way onto my face as I looked at my notification. She was online so I clicked on her name on the chat button and sent her a message.