Read My Lips: Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Ever since mine and Zach’s date, he’d being rather cold towards me. I mean, sure, he was still talking to me and acting like a sweet boyfriend but he’d only talk to me when I spoke to him.

I wasn’t exactly sure what had got into him. Maybe it was the fact we’d already gone on two dates. Two dates didn’t sound a lot but perhaps he thought that we were moving too fast. I’d understand that if he’d said something to me but he hadn’t. He’d resulted to being cold towards me.

“I feel like I done something wrong.” I groaned leaning back on the side of my bed. I was having a girl’s day with Rebekah. Basically, it was Saturday and since Zach was being all weird towards me, I’d decided to take up Rebekah’s idea of having a get together.

“But you’ve done nothing wrong.” Rebekah answered, dropping her pizza crust back into the box. She wiped her hands on her pants before leaning back in the position that I was currently in.

“Yeah, well, I not know.” I sighed. I was so confused, I didn’t understand why Zach was acting like the way he was.

Rebekah remained silent for a while before she answered me. “Just talk to him.”

I let out a laugh. “It not that simple.”

“Sure it is.”

“Have you talked to Jake?”

That silenced her. She didn’t answer my question, obviously realising that her statement obviously wasn’t as simple and straight forward as she was making it out to be.

Eventually she shook her head. “It’s only been a day since I told you about it. I haven’t had time to talk to him nor have I decided whether I want to bother with him.”

“If you like him then talk to him.”

“I guess we’ll just have to see.”

         “I feel like I’m going to explode.” I moaned lying on the floor completely.

Throughout the whole day, Rebekah and I had mainly eaten junk food that my mum had kindly provided for the both of us.

“You and me both.” Rebekah agreed collapsing beside me.

“I feel bad for going on about this, but what do I do about Zach?” I asked, rolling onto my stomach. I grabbed a pillow from beside me and tucked it under my head for some comfort.

“Don’t worry about it, hun. Personally? I think that you should just talk to him. Ask him why he’s being like that. That’s all you can do, isn’t it?” She informed. It’s funny how she could give me advice for my relationship yet she couldn’t figure out what to do about her own.

“I guess I’ll have to. That’s all I can really do.”

----

One thing I’d realised since my relationship with Zach had progressed was that he never asked me to tutor him anymore. Could he have been doing that just to get closer to me? I wasn’t exactly sure but I sure was grateful for that.

I’d decided to take Rebekah’s advice into consideration. Nothing was going to happen if I continued to just sit there and allow Zach to be all cool towards me, it wasn’t going to improve our relationship any further.

Maybe talking to him and questioning him wasn’t going to improve anything but at least it’d be a step forward instead of the continuous steps back we both seemed to be taking. I had questions and I needed answers.